Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night, I noticed that my passenger headlight goes out about 10 seconds after I turn on the headlights. Every time I turn the headlight on/off, the light turns on again but shuts off everytime after about 10 seconds.

My question is: Is the issue related to the HID bulb or the ballast? I have aftermarket 6k HIDs that have been in the car for about 4 years now. That's the only modification ever done to the headlights.

I know I could just swap the bulbs to find out, but before I take the bumper and headlights out (my hands won't fit in there), does anyone have any input? It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i would of told you to search cuz there are at least 5 recent threads on this :p but your from socal and im a nice guy :)

it sounds like a ballast problem. my left side kept going out but i just turned them off waited a few seconds and turned them back on. (i did this on the 15 freeway at 10pm and people thought i was crazy) ballast on ebay are 100 last time i checked. you are due for some new bulbs though. my aftermarket ones lasted about 4 years before they turned green. try and borrow someones bulbs or a good one from your last set. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts