Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this weird problem with my sun visor where it will not stay back. Ill pull it down,push it back but it'll just pop back and point straight down and now I can't see shit while I'm driving. Anyone got any idea on how to fix this lil problem??

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the first thing I did before posting this, I'm not stupid. But thanks for the superb help...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like the hinge is worn out. I don't this those elbow hinges come apart from the visor. I have a spare If you like. Got to check which side the spare is though.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great, thanks bro. Pm me with details when you find out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have precisely this same problem - did anyone identify the cause, and a way to fix it? It does not seem like a wear problem on the hinge, since it was fine one day, then like this the next day. I haven't been able to figure out what is binding inside the hinge/visor that makes it "pop back" to the straight-down position.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have precisely this same problem - did anyone identify the cause, and a way to fix it? It does not seem like a wear problem on the hinge, since it was fine one day, then like this the next day. I haven't been able to figure out what is binding inside the hinge/visor that makes it "pop back" to the straight-down position.
Wear is the issue. Replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK - if replacement is in order, does anyone have a suggestion where I can buy a driver-side sun visor at a reasonable price? The dealer wanted $1,151 to replace it !! I was hoping someone made aftermarket replacements, but I haven't found any. The local junkyard isn't interested in finding one, because it wouldn't be enough money for them. EBay has some, but it's hard to tell about the condition, or even be sure it's the right color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same issue, and I started with replacing the little thing that the visor clicks into. It did not help anything. I believe a free possible solution would be to put a little piece of tape around the worn plastic bit o the actual visor to make it juts a hair thicker.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
OK - if replacement is in order, does anyone have a suggestion where I can buy a driver-side sun visor at a reasonable price? The dealer wanted $1,151 to replace it !! I was hoping someone made aftermarket replacements, but I haven't found any. The local junkyard isn't interested in finding one, because it wouldn't be enough money for them. EBay has some, but it's hard to tell about the condition, or even be sure it's the right color.
Ebay is not bad. Just look close at the picture. Also if it is a 2001. You need a 2001. The 2002 and later interchange. The wiring is the same on the connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts