Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, after looking thru out the past year, I have to make a case that USC deserves to play in the national championship. Not only did they play well thru out the season, but they have the toughest schedule of the top 5 team in the BCS standing. And did anybody watch USC vs. ND on Saturday? That is the most lopsided victory ever. USC only held ND for 4 first downs and a 100 or so total yards. As for the Heisman trophy, the award is for the best player this year. It's not a team award or a lifetime achievement award. So, can sombody tell me how Brad Banks and Ken Dorsey are better then Carson Palmer as a QB?!?!?! Just look at the stats...so what's your take on the screw-up BCS selection?

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
TK288 said:
Honestly, after looking thru out the past year, I have to make a case that USC deserves to play in the national championship. Not only did they play well thru out the season, but they have the toughest schedule of the top 5 team in the BCS standing. And did anybody watch USC vs. ND on Saturday? That is the most lopsided victory ever. USC only held ND for 4 first downs and a 100 or so total yards. As for the Heisman trophy, the award is for the best player this year. It's not a team award or a lifetime achievement award. So, can sombody tell me how Brad Banks and Ken Dorsey are better then Carson Palmer as a QB?!?!?! Just look at the stats...so what's your take on the screw-up BCS selection?
Whew. I thought there might be some logic or a decent point in here.

In case you're stupid AND deaf:

:bitching: A 2 LOSS TEAM DOES NOT DESERVE TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OVER AN UNDEFEATED TEAM!!!! :bitching:

There. As for the Heisman, I think Palmer is playing the best right now against the best opponents. He is probably going to be invited - but the East Coast bias does exist, unfortunately for him, and sports writers have shown from time to time how retarded they can be.
I think he deserves the Heisman.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
The problem with college football is that it sucks compared to NFL football.

Less talent = less quality. Why would I want to watch a bunch of amateurs when i could just as easily follow the best of the best?

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
kinddog said:

Less talent = less quality. Why would I want to watch a bunch of amateurs when i could just as easily follow the best of the best?

Because you are a complete jackass.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BWN 7 said:
A 2 LOSS TEAM DOES NOT DESERVE TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OVER AN UNDEFEATED TEAM!!!!
That is the exact problem with the BCS...so you are telling me that all undefeated team plays for the national championship? The only way an undefeated team automatically qualifies for national championship is if it played with all the team. Compared to them, USC has the hardest schedule off all the top 5 team. I am not saying the others like Miami and Ohio doesn't deserve the national championship, but the best way to qualify who deserves it the most is by having a playoff system for the top 8 team or something. So remember this, not all undefeated team deserves to play the national championship if they did not play againts the others of the same rank...

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
perahps because the best of the best are a bunch of whiney bitches playing for $
Interesting theory... but wrong.

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
TK288 said:
BWN 7 said:
A 2 LOSS TEAM DOES NOT DESERVE TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OVER AN UNDEFEATED TEAM!!!!
That is the exact problem with the BCS...so you are telling me that all undefeated team plays for the national championship? The only way an undefeated team automatically qualifies for national championship is if it played with all the team. Compared to them, USC has the hardest schedule off all the top 5 team. I am not saying the others like Miami and Ohio doesn't deserve the national championship, but the best way to qualify who deserves it the most is by having a playoff system for the top 8 team or something. So remember this, not all undefeated team deserves to play the national championship if they did not play againts the others of the same rank...

OK, obviously a playoff system would be the solution. Or would it? How many teams would you allow in? How do you determine who is ranked in the top 2/4/8/whatever to be in the playoffs? Sure, the system is flawed, but a new solution might not be any better.

Just because USC is playing good now, does that mean they're better than Miami, who's beaten everybody they've played? Are you saying a loss to #17 (at the time) Washington State by USC is supposed to prove they're a better team than Miami WHO HASN'T LOST???!?!?! Um, if USC belonged in the Fiesta Bowl, they'd be undefeated.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
BWN 7 said:
Just because USC is playing good now, does that mean they're better than Miami, who's beaten everybody they've played? Are you saying a loss to #17 (at the time) Washington State by USC is supposed to prove they're a better team than Miami WHO HASN'T LOST???!?!?! Um, if USC belonged in the Fiesta Bowl, they'd be undefeated.
Or how about a OSU team beating Michigan, and all the other GOOD teams in their conference?

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
BWN 7 said:
OK, obviously a playoff system would be the solution. Or would it? How many teams would you allow in? How do you determine who is ranked in the top 2/4/8/whatever to be in the playoffs? Sure, the system is flawed, but a new solution might not be any better.

Or how about a OSU team beating Michigan, Iowa and all the other GOOD teams in their conference?

OSU didn't play Iowa, retard. STFU already.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sadly the BCS and the bowl games are a sham. They pick the teams with that'll have the biggest TV draw.
My school, for example, got f'ed in the bowls:
University of Virginia is ranked #2 in the ACC (technically tied for 2nd with Maryland - but we beat Maryland a couple weeks ago so we're 2nd).

But is UVA going to the bowl that's for the 2nd ranked ACC team (Gator bowl)? No, they picked NC State the 3rd ranked team - who UVA beat.
Okay how about the bowl for the 3rd ranked ACC team (Peach)? Um no again, they picked Maryland (ranked 2nd) who UVA beat.
Well then at least how how the bowl for the 4th ranked ACC team (Tangerine) - nope, they picked Clemson, who UVA beat.

So UVA, who had the 7th toughest schedule in the nation, the 2nd ranked team in the ACC is going to either the Continental Tire bowl or the Seattle bowl. Which are for the 5/6 ranked ACC team.

It's all a sham.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BWN 7 said:
Here's a news flash for you: It's all about the $$$$$

Is this something you're just now realizing??
Nope, no epiphany here.

"biggest TV draw" = $

Just venting, it happens to UVA all the time.

Money and power control everything...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
As for the heisman stuff its all popularity. at least in my opinion. but there can only be one, and there will always be a complaint for someone else. yes it is supposed to be a single season title, but face it it isnt. otherwise you would see more underclassmen win it. Dorsey stands out to people because he hasnt lost but one game in 37 (I think). That stands out in your mind when you think dorsey no matter what. you cant ignore a previous year good or bad in the race, it just cant happen. there are plenty who deserve it, but really all the heisman means is you will go to play pro ball for a worse team. you get drafted higher, which generally means by a shitty team, and you go play for a losing cause....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
TK288 said:
You keep saying that USC has the 5th hardest schedule in the country. How is that determined? You try and think of flaws within the BCS, but first, you must look at the flaws in the systems you are trying to use as fact. Yes, as of right now (the strength of schedule changes drastically every week if you haven't noticed), USC might have the hardest schedule, but what is that based upon?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dernick said:
TK288 said:
You keep saying that USC has the 5th hardest schedule in the country. How is that determined? You try and think of flaws within the BCS, but first, you must look at the flaws in the systems you are trying to use as fact. Yes, as of right now (the strength of schedule changes drastically every week if you haven't noticed), USC might have the hardest schedule, but what is that based upon?
USC has the #1 toughest schedule of the top 5 team...this is not based on the BCS, but based on the winning percentage of the teams they played against...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
TK288 said:
USC has the #1 toughest schedule of the top 5 team...this is not based on the BCS, but based on the winning percentage of the teams they played against...
But then, you have to take into account the strength of schedule of those opponents, and their opponents, and so on and so on. You say that only winning percentage should be looked at for the strength of schedule but not for the teams that are chosen to play in the Fiesta Bowl. You are contradicting yourself.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
kinddog said:

you can say nothing. You went to Emory, where there is no football. Had you gone to a school with a football tradition you would understand. You are unqualified for discussion.

How bout them Falcons?!?!?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dernick said:
But then, you have to take into account the strength of schedule of those opponents, and their opponents, and so on and so on. You say that only winning percentage should be looked at for the strength of schedule but not for the teams that are chosen to play in the Fiesta Bowl. You are contradicting yourself.
Why would you wanna consider those that are not in the top 10 or even 8 to play for the Fiesta Bowl?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
TK288 said:
Dernick said:
Why would you wanna consider those that are not in the top 10 or even 8 to play for the Fiesta Bowl?
I'm saying that you are saying one team's schedule is more difficult simply because the winning percentage of the teams they have played is higher than another team. How do you know that the other teams you opponent has played are actually good competition? The statistic you are trying to use as support for your arguement itself has the same discrepancies you are proclaiming as wrong.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts