Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend i helped a friend install his amp..after about 20 min the subs stop thumping even though the amp is on... so i assume the sub blew, i try another sub and it still didnt work. And im pretty sure the subs are still good...i check all fuse and connection. everything seems okay.. any 1 can tell me what might be the problem?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
type is300 said:
Over the weekend i helped a friend install his amp..after about 20 min the subs stop thumping even though the amp is on... so i assume the sub blew, i try another sub and it still didnt work. And im pretty sure the subs are still good...i check all fuse and connection. everything seems okay.. any 1 can tell me what might be the problem?
The amp is probably dead. Use a small battery(1.5V) and pop test the sub. If it moves the coild is still together which means that it would do something if signal was received at it.

If speaker is K, go to the amp and apply a different source to make sure that signal is being received at the amp. If amp still will not work, you have damaged goods and even though the amps fuse and power light are on does not mean the amp is not damaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts