Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ! Every one of the is300 owner, I have a problem with my AEM intake so just wanna who can give me a hand of it. After I installed my intake into my IS, My engine light goes on, so how can I fix this problem or is there anyway to fix it>? Did I need to take out my Intake?

·
Registered
548 Posts
About 50% of the AEM intakes throw a CEL. You should do a search, there's a lot of information covered on this topic already.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
make sure all your harnesses are plugged in and that the wiring is very secure and tight, i know with my srt intake i had to remove the plug from my oem box and zip tie it to the harness, just double check everything and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be

·
Registered
57 Posts
MIne had the same problem......try resetting it a few times and give it about 20 minutes or so before plugging it back in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
remove the stock air redirection thing, if you haven't already....I had that on mine initially and had some problems. Without it, the CE light in my car doesn't come on anymore.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About AEM intake

thanks for all u guys, this is the first time i post on my messages in this site, and u all are very nice and answer my question, so I will keep visiting this site. Once again thank you for all ur comments , really give me a big hand.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you try resetting and it still keeps coming back you'll need to get an AFC to correct the problem. You should get one anyways it will help you realize the most hp from mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Drunken_Style
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing