Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am gona shoot myself. All the topics on here describe nicely how to hook up an after market with a METRA harness, but i got a LINKS harness. I will post up the pics. I got the unit to turn on but again the stock amp is not turning on. I will post up the pics of my harness. Im sure it has something to do with the 2nd plug on the stock harness with those 2 wires? What are they for, and how do I get the stock amp to turn on?!?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
^^^^

Yep...I know it's not what you wanna hear, but your gonna have to grab the metra harness, unless you wanna go buy aftermarkets speakers and an amp to run them off of.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I called Metra and they said the harness is for 02 and up, are you guys sure it will work for 01 aswell???
Yes it will work on an 01 with some simple modifications.... someone wrote a thread on these modification he made to get it working on his 01. You can probably find it in the stickies.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
you'll never get the amp to turn on because the amp needs to see data from the radio also, which is the two wires you have left on the other harness.
its either get rid of the amp or buy those expensive intergration harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts