Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well i just put my new wheels one my car today...finally hahaha. ( sig tells what wheels they are, but they are 19 X8 and 19 x 9.5 BIg Brake KIt friendly.) By the way i put nitto 555's on. 235's in the front and 265's in the back. After instalation i noticed that if i droped my car, it seems like the fender would actually just land on the tire and not go over it. (will rolling the fenders fix this problem???) :-? The people said the offset looked fine so i dont think I forged messed up on that because i didnt have a custom offset i just had them make the wheels for my lexus and i guess they knew what offset they wanted to use. I aso told the people that put my wheels on ...(Americas Tire Co. in san Pedro California, who by the way were VERY helpful and nice. They let my chill and talk with them while they did everything) ....that many other people had these exact wheels with these exact sizes with these exact offsets and had lowered their cars just fine. So i was wondering am i just triping out and my tires will be fine. Im sure i def. have to roll the fenders but i have heard people said that they have this combo with a lowered car and its just dine so do u think I forged messes my offset off?

NOTE: the tire seems to stick out of the fender my about a centimeter. I will try and take pics to help but for now just give me ur input.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
The 9.5" rear should fit up to 245s without any problems but once you decide to go wider, you're going to need to either roll or shave the rear fenders.

Which wheel sticks out about a centimeter, the front or rear? A centimeter is a lot too. I'm also running 235s in the front and I notice that my front wheels stick out of my fender by a few millimeters. Once the front tires wear out, I'll slap on some 225s and the front wheels should be flush or tucked a bit under the fenders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts