Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed the pipe I noticed that in low RPMs in first gear I hear a rattling sound in the back of my car. It sounds really awkward ...has anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Probably a loose bolt or the pipe is rubbing on something. Might wanna double check everything. Oh yeah, where did you get your racepipe from? :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHAHAHA I already got one :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the racepipe w/ SRT intake and HKS exhaust....it does significantly make the car louder. When you rev you can actually hear the exhaust rumble giving it a throaty sound.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did you install it yourself? I want the race pipe for my car, but I am still searching around to see if anyone has had factory defects/or problems with the pipe before I make the purchace. Please let me know when you get the problem fixed and please tell me what you did to fix it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This topic got thrown off track, So did you find out what the problem was that was causing the rattling? If not go under your car and check it out its probably something loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing