Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was think about getting the powerdyne from pro lex however i was told that i would be able to pass the emissions test in georgia, does anyone know whether this is true or not? If it is true what about a simple intake from srt, would i be able to pass emission with this intake? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I know that our intake passes emissions in the MD, DC, VA area, MD and VA are known about the toughness of their tests (they use the rollers with a predetermined map to check emissions for load). We have several customers pass the emissions tests in GA with the intake.

FYI, even our turbo kits upto a stage 2 has passed emissions in MD, DC, VA and OH.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Our supercharger kits and intakes will also pass smog , but that does not mean they are street legal. If the state you are in only requires testing from the tailpipe and not a visual test then you are good, being street legal is a whole different story.
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Many forms of forced induction can pass with proper tuning. Sometimes you CAN get away with no cat and great tuning, but a high flow cat is recommended for ease.

Although I think the PLP Powerdyne unit would be the easiest kit out there to pass emissions.

Call Mike @ PLP, ask him directly. He knows tons of info regarding SMOG testing in Cali. And if he can get a kit to pass there, the eastern seaboard should pretty much be covered :wink: .

PFS, Toyomoto, TBKO and srt are among other tuners to pass emissions using turbo kits of various stages. The main issue is getting an Air fuel ratio that produces the least harmful emissions, then going home once you pass and load up your badass, high power profile and fuck the Ozone over! hahaha j/k...

Call up various tuners and ask them about there emissions testing, and what they've tried and where they've passed to get a better idea.

Kane

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Dude, since 2003 we also hug grass now! CA does not even want you to use your fireplace any longer.

IS_Dude said:
i love florida! tree huggin hippies can suck it!

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
yea, i lived out there in the central valley(pismo, SLO). Damn shame it's so strict. Such a nice area, roads, etc..

IS Pilot said:
Dude, since 2003 we also hug grass now! CA does not even want you to use your fireplace any longer.

IS_Dude said:
i love florida! tree huggin hippies can suck it!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
CA has the toughest emissions laws by far, they have the smog as well as the visual.

As far as MD, I know they have a visual to check for the CAT, exhaust piping, etc.

I am not sure about GA (state in question), wether they have a visual check or not, and what their visual consists of.

·
Registered
789 Posts
What year is your car? 02 and newer need no inspection for 2004. If you do need to get inspected there is no visual on 1996 and newer, just OBD scan. If your car has no obd issues then it will pass with a quick pug in and scan of the computer. Here is the info from the site and the link is
http://cleanairforce.com/emission.htm
What tests will be done?

All 1996 and newer vehicles subject to vehicle emission inspections will receive a two-part inspection - click here for complete information regarding the OBD test

An OBD test to check your vehicle’s emission control performance history.
A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.
If an OBD test is unable to be performed on a vehicle, it may be necessary to perform a Two-Speed Idle test (TSI).

All 1995 and older model year vehicles will receive a four-part inspection:

A visual inspection of the catalytic converter to check for tampering or removal.
ASM2 or Accelerated Simulation Mode Test - A dual-mode test including a 25/25 test = 25 lbs. of load at 25 MPH and a 50/15 test = 50 lbs. of load at 15 MPH.
A tailpipe exhaust emission test.
A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.
An inspector can reject a vehicle for testing if it is considered unsafe to test. And, if the test has already begun when the safety problem is detected, the inspector may charge the full price of the test.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i just received an emissions notice - :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
IS300GTE said:
i just received an emissions notice - :lol: :lol:
HAHAHA... this shall be interesting..

Do you think you can tune it within range and use that profile? Or will you have to line some pockets? :wink: :lol:

Good luck man!! be sure to tell us what happens!

Kane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.