Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i saw the picture this intake i was just like :lol: and flipped through it. lol man was i dumb. when i read about it a little later it claimed about 9rwhp gain and 9lbtorque or something around there. i was just wondering if this intake even comes with a filter. i know it works with the OEM filter box but how the hell does that tube give 9hp/lb? does it come wit a piggyback ecu maybe? or a another air filter? i also heard the TRD or BLITZ / toms or watever drop in filter claimed around 8hp gain. dunno if its rwhp. any of you have the Pro Lex Silent Flow Intake?

·
Registered
417 Posts
When i didnt know much about this intake at all i thought the same. Looking at it the first thing i assumed is this intake just is like stock ( BS HP ).However I gave it a try and i didnt regret it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it come with a filter?

·
Registered
888 Posts
yes, but most people like me, use different filters. Filters such as TRD, TOMS, and the blue one (forgot the name).

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Rav4skyracer said:
yes, but most people like me, use different filters. Filters such as TRD, TOMS, and the blue one (forgot the name).
That would be Blitz :wink:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
it comes with the PLP filter they have advertised on their site. i don't know if you can buy it w/o the PLP filter. so far, i love it & have no complaints. if you check around, a lot of ppl on this forum have this intake...

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Usually it comes with the pro lex filter...

If you want you can buy another filter and use it instead then sell or keep the prolex one (I have a toms)

The SFI differs from the stock intake tube in that it removes the baffles and the resonator on the stock part... instead of having a turbulent passage to flow through the air has a smooth tube. The combination of this and the higher flow filter net you some gains... I'm sure a dyno would show how much but I didn't feel a huge difference.

I'm convinced that the only mod you can do that affects your butt dyno would be FI. Everything else is candy (I've done exhaust, XERD racepipe, 3 different intakes...) the only difference I can tell is the sound. :-?

Maybe something with an ECU or headers would produce noticable results... but I dunno.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
alredxiii said:
Rav4skyracer said:
That would be Blitz :wink:
why do most ppl use a different filter rather than the PLP one that comes with the intake?

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
because they have too much money int heir pocket, yet not enough for a turbo/super charger.

I'm not being sarcastic, its the truth!

I have the PLP and it is great. Zero issues to date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts