Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS Pilot said:
Just a quick bit of information, we will be releasing our PLP Power Pipes that are manufactured from 6061 mandrel-bent aluminum piping and features a unique, black hammer tone powdercoating that reduces heat soak and enhances looks it also includes a laser cut heatshield, preprogrammed ECU that will support mods such as header/exhaust and the like for under $500 retail. We will also have a retrofit kit available for the present Silent Flow Intake owners. Be sure to check our website for new releases often. Pro Lex Performance the company that manufactures street and race proven performance products that are unmatched in performance, quality and value.
Hey Mike just looking for and update. Any idea when we can look to find the Power Pipes and retrofit kit available on the web site!?!?

thanks

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
What are the "power pipes"? Headers? I'm lost.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
What are the "power pipes"? Headers? I'm lost.
Intakes, with an ecu to help gain hp.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I emailed Mike about 2 1/2 weeks ago and never got a reply. I just don't have the kind of patience it sounds like it will require for us to get a retro-fit on the Power Pipes... I hope it's nothing like the superchargers.

I'm still waiting for an email... :crazy:

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is the first I've heard of the "power pipe." Sounds good to me though. I'm sure I'll order the retro-fit kit whenever it's available. The good thing about PLP is that they never release anything until it meets their high standards. I think everyone agrees that PLP products are of very high quality and it's worth the wait IMO.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I cannot wait to see this new item (not that I need one with a turbo). I have been very happy with my PLP products :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
davefisher said:
I emailed Mike about 2 1/2 weeks ago and never got a reply. I just don't have the kind of patience it sounds like it will require for us to get a retro-fit on the Power Pipes... I hope it's nothing like the superchargers.

I'm still waiting for an email... :crazy:
i pm'ed him yesterday and no responce yet so hopfully he is working on getting theses out!!!

Im hoping the retrokits are not more than a couple hundred bucks!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
yea i pm him 2 and still no reply..all good tho i believe in plp to release something good since they rnt in much of a rush to finish it quickly.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
arh..... I m losted too.....so is it going to be a whole new Intake system? or is it just a ECU? or a Open Element Intake? does this mean this is going to be the PLP Gen II Intake???

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I understand now.....It going to be an open element intake like SRT, with a Heatshield like SRT and Injen and RMM...but will be painted in black like the Gen I Intake. Also comes with an ECU....I don't really like those preprogrammed ECU's...they look dodgy to me for some reason. lolz...anyway what is the retrfit kit then?

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
IRON CITY said:
how do you know its going to be an open element intake??
because it said its going to have a heatshield, why does an enclosed element need an heatshield? :-? correct me if I m wrong...its all jsut guessing at the mo.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
your post is the first place ive seen that it will be an open intake with a heatshield, so where did u get your info?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
IS Pilot said:
Just a quick bit of information, we will be releasing our PLP Power Pipes that are manufactured from 6061 mandrel-bent aluminum piping and features a unique, black hammer tone powdercoating that reduces heat soak and enhances looks it also includes a laser cut heatshield, preprogrammed ECU that will support mods such as header/exhaust and the like for under $500 retail. We will also have a retrofit kit available for the present Silent Flow Intake owners. Be sure to check our website for new releases often. Pro Lex Performance the company that manufactures street and race proven performance products that are unmatched in performance, quality and value.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm still confused on what this is going to be. If it's just an open element intake...why is it called power pipeS??? The name sort of implies that it will split up into multiple pipes.

Maybe replace the stock intake manifold? Any info ISPILOT?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ISinOH said:
I'm still confused on what this is going to be. If it's just an open element intake...why is it called power pipeS??? The name sort of implies that it will split up into multiple pipes.

Maybe replace the stock intake manifold? Any info ISPILOT?
I think they're saying there will be more than one. As in, the "S" is used to make PIPE plural.

As for what it is actually going to be, sounds like an alternative to the SRT Intake. I guess an ECU combined w/ the original Intake for more Power! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts