Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend worked for GAS helping out pimp my ride for sometime and ran arcoss this glass that when you run electicity through it it goes completely black. Apperantly its about ~$1,000 for a 15x20 piece. I just want to know if anyone know more about it and maybe give me a name of the company that makes it. My reason for this is no need to be hassled by cops about my tint on my car and if they do see it ill just shut it off and he'll be tripping balls lol

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
Its called electrochromic glass.

Usually a home improvement type of project, they are used in skylights and bathrooms for privacy.

It's the same concept as auto-dimming mirrors.

Maybach has used the technology to create a roof that can be completely transparent, or completely opaque.

electrochromic mirrors

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I saw those on TV. In Japan they use them on their trains. Alot of times the trains run right next to condos and apartments and to give the residents privacy the windows turn black like magic!

Its really cool to watch.:)

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm watching this thread...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought it was...can you manually control or does it dim only when light hits it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.