Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I was hoping to get an accurate price for a completely stock blue 2003 IS300 base with 125K miles on it. When I was a little kid, my Mom had an 86 Corolla hatchback that teenagers would drive by and make cash offers for. She ended up selling it for $300 to a dealership and I always knew she could've made way more if she found the right audience. I figure you guys are the right audience for IS300s. Carvana/Shift offer anything from $400-$1400, but I suspect in a private sale to a buyer interested in the IS300, I could expect closer to $4-6k; I just have no way to validate this.

The car itself has had all the regular maintenance done (timing belt, water pump, synthetic oil changes, brakes/rotors and new tires, etc.) I purchased it at 95K miles 6 years ago and have only put 30K miles on it in that time- I've been abroad and working jobs which don't require a car to commute, etc. It has a few scratches but no dings and mechanically is in perfect condition. What would you guys expect this to go for in a private sale- what's a fair price? If it makes any difference, I'm in San Francisco where I'd imagine especially increased interest in a car like this.

I can post pics as soon as I get home, but it looks like any other blue 2003 IS300!

Edit: I stupidly just noticed there's an entire section dedicated to pricing questions. Is there any way to move this post?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I was hoping to get an accurate price for a completely stock blue 2003 IS300 base with 125K miles on it. When I was a little kid, my Mom had an 86 Corolla hatchback that teenagers would drive by and make cash offers for. She ended up selling it for $300 to a dealership and I always knew she could've made way more if she found the right audience. I figure you guys are the right audience for IS300s. Carvana/Shift offer anything from $400-$1400, but I suspect in a private sale to a buyer interested in the IS300, I could expect closer to $4-6k; I just have no way to validate this.

The car itself has had all the regular maintenance done (timing belt, water pump, synthetic oil changes, brakes/rotors and new tires, etc.) I purchased it at 95K miles 6 years ago and have only put 30K miles on it in that time- I've been abroad and working jobs which don't require a car to commute, etc. It has a few scratches but no dings and mechanically is in perfect condition. What would you guys expect this to go for in a private sale- what's a fair price? If it makes any difference, I'm in San Francisco where I'd imagine especially increased interest in a car like this.

I can post pics as soon as I get home, but it looks like any other blue 2003 IS300!

Edit: I stupidly just noticed there's an entire section dedicated to pricing questions. Is there any way to move this post?
No way to move the post. Your area you live in. Dictates prices. As far as dealers. They will only do real low wholesale prices to buy. You could look at the Cars for Sale to get some ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts