Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to the local Lexus dealer yesterday as they got a white 350 and a blue 250 yesterday morning. I spent about an hour with the salesman. I didnt drive it because it was raining here and I wanted to really open the 350 up and see what it could do! I told them I would be back to drive it when its dry outside. Several other sales reps that have driven it kept saying it was a rocket in terms of how fast it was compared to the is300.

As for price I was unofficially quoted $43k. for the 350 which included the Mark Levinson Navigation package. Around $41k without it. The 250 was going for about the price of the former is300 $33k.

One thing I noticed that I am not sure if I like is that the dashboard seems to be higher on the 350 than in the 300.

The thing that has my stumped at the moment is the whole AWD car or the performance car! I would like to have that punch of the 350 but here in the north east it snows like crazy and the AWD would be better. If I get the 350 I may just have to make it a seasonal car and get something to drive during the winter months!

·
Registered
4 Posts
35583 was the price for an IS 250awd with PA
I'll wait until the new year and hopefully get the same car for 34500
keeping my fingers crossed that lexus realizes that they might have overpriced the awd a bit and offer crazy lease incentives in the "dec to remember" this year!

·
Registered
667 Posts
newbie71 said:
35583 was the price for an IS 250awd with PA
I'll wait until the new year and hopefully get the same car for 34500
keeping my fingers crossed that lexus realizes that they might have overpriced the awd a bit and offer crazy lease incentives in the "dec to remember" this year!
Did you happen to notice if the car had ventilated seats?

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, I was told that all of the awd models come with the perf leather std. and that the lux pkg was like another 3k for HID and memory seats and a shade or some nonsense like that or another 2500 for nav. To fully load out the car is is close to 43K. My garage is only 186 inches and that is why I'm so focused on the IS vs 325xi or A4 (want awd, live in CT) and to think if the G35 was an inch or two shorter, fully loaded 05 G35x for 475 a month, vs a base is250awd at 575/mo hmmmm seems like torrance might have been a bit too lofty in their pricepoint!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hmm, apparently vent seats were supposed to be standard, but there are AWD cars without it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
482 Posts
KwikLex said:
I went in to the local Lexus dealer yesterday as they got a white 350 and a blue 250 yesterday morning. I spent about an hour with the salesman. I didnt drive it because it was raining here and I wanted to really open the 350 up and see what it could do! I told them I would be back to drive it when its dry outside. Several other sales reps that have driven it kept saying it was a rocket in terms of how fast it was compared to the is300.

As for price I was unofficially quoted $43k. for the 350 which included the Mark Levinson Navigation package. Around $41k without it. The 250 was going for about the price of the former is300 $33k.

One thing I noticed that I am not sure if I like is that the dashboard seems to be higher on the 350 than in the 300.

The thing that has my stumped at the moment is the whole AWD car or the performance car! I would like to have that punch of the 350 but here in the north east it snows like crazy and the AWD would be better. If I get the 350 I may just have to make it a seasonal car and get something to drive during the winter months!

Would it be blasphemous to recommend getting the Acura RL that has superior everything to the IS250AWD but less straightline performance than the IS350 since it can be had for like 40-42K? At least with it you'd actually have performance with your AWD...or if that isnt something you would consider then I'd seriously consider waiting for the 250 AWD to be discounted sometime early next year.

If you cant wait then I say go for the IS350 and manage driving in the snow with it.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts