Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
IS300GTE.....I meant give them the MSRP, the sticker pricing. Only so they know exactly which car you have. Your not gonna come off as a jerk, just tell them what you want and tell them you want their best price. Internet pricing is so much better than having to go to the dealership in person. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
509 Posts
well.. u can try this site here in Vancouver as well, just one of the dealers' site!
Richmond Lexus
Originally posted by intc:
If you go to lexus.ca, then you can see package B is 43,800, the MSRP for package D, (fully loaded one) is 46510.

Therefore, I do believe what Corolla said
is true.

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited January 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited January 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Harrissc,

Have you ever considered buying as a team with someone else at the same time to further reduce the price? I'd bet a salesman would be willing to bend over backwards to sell 2 ISs at the same time. Are you buying anytime soon?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You know...that would probably be a good idea. Say like we're old friends or something, will give the same salesperson 2 sales. I'm gonna buy one as soon as I sell my 2000 Max SE. Could be tomorrow, could be next month. Keep me posted on your progress. By the way, which one are you looking at....colors and options?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Kompressor....I thought you might like to see this. This comes from an Excel spreadsheet I did calculating lease payments from the quotes I got from Gwinnett Lexus. They all assume -0- money down.

Leather, Sunroof, LSD, Heated Seats, Graphite Polished Wheels, Wheel Locks, and Trunk Mat (MSRP = $35,390)

Quoted Price $31,474
Residual $20,880 (59% of MSRP)
Money Factor (.0036 = Equal to 8.64%)
36 Month Lease Payment, Assuming 15,000 Miles per Year and No Money Down = $497.23

Leather, Sunroof, Wheel Locks, and Trunk Mat (MSRP = $34,160)

Quoted Price $30,517
Residual $20,154 (59% of MSRP)
Money Factor (.0036 = Equal to 8.64%)
36 Month Lease Payment, Assuming 15,000 Miles per Year and No Money Down = $484.38

What do you think about that...a loaded IS, over $35K MSRP.....lease payment for 3 years and 45,000 miles with NO MONEY DOWN is under $500/month. I'm really psyched now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Harrissc,

Wow. I guess being a CPA, you're good at the number crunching. The numbers look real good, although, I haven't looked into leasing. We're locked in at 6.5% through eloan.com for 60 months, and with our down payment we've worked it to another $50/mo (around $560 maybe). But I haven't seen anyone with a lease under $500. Impressive.

To answer your last question, we're going for Mill. Silver with the following:

Black Leather Package
Sun Roof
LSD
Heated Seats
Trunk Mat
Wheel Locks
Cargo Net

Gwinnett has been extremely responsive with their emails. I've emailed 4 others in Atlanta, asking only what they have on the lot, and I've yet to hear back from 2 still. The others have not been so helpful either, so Hennessy in Gwinnett is our front runner right now. And if they gave you a $600 over invoice quote, that makes them all the better.

We also have to get rid of a vehicle, but if all else fails, we might just go to Carmax and sell it to them. We're thinking no later than Feb 11. My email is [email protected] if you want to keep in touch.

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
78 Posts
well...... if u go to lexus.ca homepage their prices are just the MSRP..the same number it show when the IS300 just released so it higher than the real price the Dealer now actually offer..
and there is at least 40 IS300 sitting in the lot of my dealership ..if u really want a no leather no heat seat one ..the price is only starting from Cdn $40 850 dollars before tax ..
and i m living in ontario the tax will be GST+PST totall would be 15 %

·
Registered
509 Posts
i thought luxury tax apply TO ALL CANADIAN PROVINCES!!
and that is at least 17%, and Ontario maybe more since it has 8% PST? or 8% GST, i dunno.

base car is at around 40500.. at the beginning of the last summer. it didnt change much at all.

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

21 - 30 of 30 Posts