Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 2 quotes now on the car of my dreams: Graphite Grey, Black Leather, Leather/Ecsaine, Sunroof.....$34,160 MSRP.

One dealer - $31,000 Even (NC)
2nd dealer - $31,660 with only a $50 doc fee, instead of the $500. (TN)

What is everyone else seeing out there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, internet pricing is great.

2 quotes from dealership in GA. All cars are $600 over invoice:

$34,160 MSRP = $30,517
$35,350 MSRP = $31,474 (includes LSD and heated seats)

I'll keep it coming as I hear back from dealerships.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the quotes. Hope the prices are dropping in Canada as well...

Originally posted by harrissc:
Wow, internet pricing is great.

2 quotes from dealership in GA. All cars are $600 over invoice:

$34,160 MSRP = $30,517
$35,350 MSRP = $31,474 (includes LSD and heated seats)

I'll keep it coming as I hear back from dealerships.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Harrissc,

Good quotes...

Are you in GA? I'm in Greater Atlanta, looking to buy in a couple weeks. What dealerships gave those quotes to you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Canadian price is dropping rapidly .
from $ cdn 45600 = 53 800 after all the tax pdi and surcharge .. on the ground

now is only 50 000 on the ground with some spare change.
i m talking about fully loaded here !.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
what do dealers actually pay for the cars, so that i can guess on how low to go, without them screwing me, or me screwing them. i think $500 to $1000 over what they pay is a fair profit, IMO. anyone who knows, let me know please.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one in SC, is actually South Carolina, not Southern Cal. To answer the question about dealer profit...the best offer i've seen is from a Lexus dealership in Georgia that is selling them all for $600 over dealer invoice. In addition to this $600, they also get 2% back from Lexus (holdback) once the car is sold along with saving floorplan interest that they have to pay on the cars while it's on the lot. That's why you can get a great deal on a car if it's been around for a while.

Now, for a hot car like the IS, I think $600 over invoice is as good as you're gonna do. If I can ever sell my 2000 Maxima SE, I'm roadtripping to pick up my new baby.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
so let me make sure i have this right, the dealerships pay 29,917 for the one without LSD and heated seats, and 30,874 for the one with LSD and heated seats? and they get another 600 bucks or so as a kick back from lexus?
my next question is, do all dealerships pay that price for the IS300, or might some be cheaper?
i have a feeling that i am going to get raped on the stick model, as there will only be about 1600 imported, and they are going to try and jack the price of it. lmk what you think, thanks.

The one in SC, is actually South Carolina, not Southern Cal. To answer the question about dealer profit...the best offer i've seen is from a Lexus dealership in Georgia that is selling them all for $600 over dealer invoice. In addition to this $600, they also get 2% back from Lexus (holdback) once the car is sold along with saving floorplan interest that they have to pay on the cars while it's on the lot. That's why you can get a great deal on a car if it's been around for a while.

Now, for a hot car like the IS, I think $600 over invoice is as good as you're gonna do. If I can ever sell my 2000 Maxima SE, I'm roadtripping to pick up my new baby.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kompressor....It's in Duluth, i believe it's Gwinnett Lexus. Just go to Lexus.com, link to the dealers, and send email to the dealership with what you want. They should give you the internet price.

IS300GTE.....I'm a CPA and do quite a bit of dealership work. All dealers get the standard invoice price as well as the 2% holdback. Although, the better dealerships may be offered additional incentives or rebates from the dealership. Therefore, a large dealership in say Atlanta, GA could probably offer better deals than a little town like Greenville SC. Car dealers are all about volume, and they make most of their money off of things like dealer installed options, extended warranties, maintenance, etc. Trust me, I have been involved in many, many dealerships and not one of them doesn't make a killing.

Now your statement about the stick. I assume that you mean the manual 2002 IS. If you go out there in the first few months that it is out and the demand is high, be prepared to pay sticker and maybe a premium. This is not really getting ripped off, but you have to pay a premium at first. Look at the Porsche Boxsters when they first came out. You had to wait months to get them and they came with a $10,000 premium. If you want a good deal, you need to buy at the end of a month (dealers have quotas) or late in a model year. The 2002 IS's will probably not be reasonably priced until at least 2002. They will be MSRP+ when they first come out. It all comes down to how bad you want it.

If you want a good deal, buy a 2001 IS. IF you want a 2002 when they come out...be prepared to pay extra. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Harrissc,

Thanks for the info. I live about 5 miles from Henessy of Gwinnett, so I'm happy to hear they're quoting that low. I was checking their stock this morning via email, but haven't yet asked for a quote. They have 3 silvers with all the fixings, (LSD and heated included) on the lot. Will probably be buying second week in Feb.

Let us know if you find anything better.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
thank you very much, this means that the stick should invoice at right around 29,000 then because of the manual transmission being cheaper. i really want one right as they come out, but i am not impulsive enough to screw myself over. i think my only and best bet would be to know someone, so that i get hooked up. it sounds like paying 30 even would be a really fair deal to both parties, for the one without LSD or heated seats....what do you think? also, do you happen to have any price quotes for maryland dealers, i don't really know what to say to them, and would really appreciate it if someone else had a quote, and i could kind of go off of what they said to get an idea of what to say to the dealer, so that i can get them down in price. let me know if you can help there, and again thanks alot for helping me to learn how this whole thing works.

IS300GTE.....I'm a CPA and do quite a bit of dealership work. All dealers get the standard invoice price as well as the 2% holdback. Although, the better dealerships may be offered additional incentives or rebates from the dealership. Therefore, a large dealership in say Atlanta, GA could probably offer better deals than a little town like Greenville SC. Car dealers are all about volume, and they make most of their money off of things like dealer installed options, extended warranties, maintenance, etc. Trust me, I have been involved in many, many dealerships and not one of them doesn't make a killing.

Now your statement about the stick. I assume that you mean the manual 2002 IS. If you go out there in the first few months that it is out and the demand is high, be prepared to pay sticker and maybe a premium. This is not really getting ripped off, but you have to pay a premium at first. Look at the Porsche Boxsters when they first came out. You had to wait months to get them and they came with a $10,000 premium. If you want a good deal, you need to buy at the end of a month (dealers have quotas) or late in a model year. The 2002 IS's will probably not be reasonably priced until at least 2002. They will be MSRP+ when they first come out. It all comes down to how bad you want it.

If you want a good deal, buy a 2001 IS. IF you want a 2002 when they come out...be prepared to pay extra. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
[/B]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IS300GTE...if i were you, i would go to lexus.com, click on find a dealer, choose maryland and surrounding areas, link to email and send a basic email to each of them. Say basically that you are in the market and want the best price they have. Tell them exactly what you want, give the MSRP and everything. They should respond within the same day. Let me know if you want any help with this. I love the whole car buying process. I'm one of the few.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lol, i hate it, i wish i shared your enthusiasm for it, but it makes me nervous for some reason, i don't want to come off like a dick to the sales person or anything. i will give it a shot tomorrow, and let you know what happens, i bet i don't even get close to the deals you got.
one more thing, you said to use the MSRP, do you mean that, or to use the invoice price? thanks again.

IS300GTE...if i were you, i would go to lexus.com, click on find a dealer, choose maryland and surrounding areas, link to email and send a basic email to each of them. Say basically that you are in the market and want the best price they have. Tell them exactly what you want, give the MSRP and everything. They should respond within the same day. Let me know if you want any help with this. I love the whole car buying process. I'm one of the few.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Corolla.. thats way impossible..
i dont know where u get the pricing. .but the last time i checked with lexus dealer. they still selling package C for $47500! and after tax its around 57000 like u said.. now they could have package C for 44000. and
that is the waY WAY BOTTOM LINE!! i live in Vancouver, and all the pricing are the same! trust me!
no way u even get change for 50000 with change after 17% tax!
unless u live in a place that no one knows.. or u live in a place where there are 7 months of year with 20cm thick of snow!
otherwise.. the price is down by only a thousand at most!!

Originally posted by Corolla:

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

·
Registered
509 Posts
Corolla, also, the 45600 package is package B.. and its not even fully loaded yet!! no leather/heat seat for that package!!!

Originally posted by Corolla:

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
Corolla, also, the 45600 package is package B.. and its not even fully loaded yet!! no leather/heat seat for that package!!!

If you go to lexus.ca, then you can see package B is 43,800, the MSRP for package D, (fully loaded one) is 46510.

Therefore, I do believe what Corolla said
is true.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts