Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the price will be for the 2002 IS300. I'm debating on purchasing one at the end of the year or should I wait for 2002?

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
It's gonna be cheaper for the 5spd base for base (comparing '02 manual vs. automatic) but of course it'll be more expensive than the '01 at that time.

Shouldn't be any price change for them though from the new '01 models.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You know I really think that the 5spd will be more or the same price as the automatic, the 5sp is such in demand .. i dont know just my 2 cents, I just dont think Lexus would lower it for the 5spd.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by BoYiE:
You know I really think that the 5spd will be more or the same price as the automatic, the 5sp is such in demand .. i dont know just my 2 cents, I just dont think Lexus would lower it for the 5spd.
It costs more money to manufacture the automatic, so it _will_ be cheaper. Now your area might be different, so the dealerships might mark it up, in which case you'd be screwed. =)

My area dealer isn't expecting many sales of the manual, which is very good news for me. I've been told it will start about $1500 cheaper than the auto version.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i could be wrong, but isn't the 5-sp going to be offered as a separate package with the 18" wheels and marketed as the IS300M? if so, that might make the manual more expensive due to higher levels of standard equipment

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by 4NROOTS:
i could be wrong, but isn't the 5-sp going to be offered as a separate package with the 18" wheels and marketed as the IS300M? if so, that might make the manual more expensive due to higher levels of standard equipment
That's the plan, but I don't know if the 18's are gonna make it to the consumer. It's still going to be cheaper base for base (i.e. NO options).

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the 18's will not make it into production - per lexus.

Originally posted by 4NROOTS:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was planning on getting an IS300 this summer, around June/July. Should I wait for the 2002 models if they aren't out by that time? Or is there really that much of a difference between a 2001 automatic and a 2002 automatic?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was planning on getting an IS300 this summer, around June/July. Should I wait for the 2002 models if they aren't out by that time? Or is there really that much of a difference between a 2001 automatic and a 2002 automatic?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd bet on it beein at least the same price, it come with lower, stiffer suspension and some other more expensive trim pieces, just to let you all know the difference to produce manual vs. auto transmission is only about $500 to begin with. my $0.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts