Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to fill up today, and noticed that the price of gas seems to have dropped in my area recently. I'm curious what folks are having to pay for gas, as I've heard that GA has some of the cheapest in the country. I paid $1.39 for 93 Octane at my local QT.

·
11,061 Posts
That's one of the best things about living in the South...cheap gas. I could get it cheaper at Arco, but I buy Chevron. $1.69 or 92 octane...if I hit the right station. I'm between Seattle and Tacoma.

(Got a nephew at Riverside Military Academy in Gainsville, GA...for some reason he likes it down there
)

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
That's one of the best things about living in the South...cheap gas. I could get it cheaper at Arco, but I buy Chevron. $1.69 for 92 octane...if I hit the right station. I'm between Seattle and Tacoma. Arco is probably 10 cents less.

(Got a nephew at Riverside Military Academy in Gainsville, GA...for some reason he likes it down there
)
Sorry about the double post. I tried to edit and messed up.

[This message has been edited by SeattleSheila (edited March 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i heard QT gas werent that great. i use texaco.
I haven't had any problems yet, though I cycle between Texaco and QT, with others thrown in if I'm pressed. The Texaco near my work charges $1.51, so I'm trying to avoid that one. There is an Amoco nearby that is $1.42.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by sacremon:
Had to fill up today, and noticed that the price of gas seems to have dropped in my area recently. I'm curious what folks are having to pay for gas, as I've heard that GA has some of the cheapest in the country. I paid $1.39 for 93 Octane at my local QT.
Yep, the gas is going down a little due to the economic situation. But don't be too optimistic, the freaking oil monapoly company (OPEC) is planning to cut the oil production by 1 million barrels a day. Here's the article from CNN:

VIENNA, Austria (CNN) -- Oil ministers from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries agreed Friday to cut oil production and were talking about slashing about 1 million barrels a day. (See map of member countries.)

No formal agreement has been announced as discussions continue, but several sources told CNN that around 1 million barrels a day is the target figure.

The OPEC ministers said that a slowdown in the world economy is prompting the cut.

By cutting 1 million barrels a day out of the world oil supply, the ministers hope that oil prices will climb back to the $25 a barrel level after slumping earlier in the week.

OPEC currently pumps about 40 percent of the world's oil supply.

·
11,061 Posts
I haven't had any problems yet, though I cycle between Texaco and QT, with others thrown in if I'm pressed. The Texaco near my work charges $1.51, so I'm trying to avoid that one. There is an Amoco nearby that is $1.42.

Yeah, Texaco is the highest...

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Mario1235:
sheila,your newphew is a bad boy if hes at riverside,i heard they beat kids there....
Naw, he's actually a very GOOD kid...just needed some structure BEFORE he got in with the wrong crowd. Riverside has done wonders for his self-image...not to mention his grades. Every year his parents give him a choice whether or not to go back and he keeps choosing Riverside. He does well, so he was invited to go to Europe with a group of boys on Spring break next month. He's in 10th grade. He's been at Riverside since 7th grade.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by blueIS:
shell 92 octane @ $2.15...
of course i dont go there, i drive down 30 min to get 92 octane @ $1.89

Doesn't seem to me that it would be worth the special trip...depending upon traffic conditions of course. I mean,you burn quite a bit just getting there unless you're gonna go that way anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
um.. 2.09/gallon Chevron Supreme...
price of paradise... what a RIP!!!!

------------------
99 Accord EX V6
98 Civic EX CVT
next car?....hmmm

·
Registered
117 Posts
Raleigh, NC 93 octane premium is ~$1.49 these days.

------------------
'01 Spectra Mica Blue IS300 #293
Ivory Leather, LSD, Moonroof, 17s
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4x4 Quadra-Drive, 4.7L V8

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
When to a local Holiday gas station two nights ago and got 93-octane for $1.53/gal. Not bad... I went back that same evening and filled up my truck, too!
Stupid V8 POS...

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
699 Posts
you lucky to pay $1.39 for premium..

we pay here in california.. san jose to specify.. somewhere between $1.89-2.15 a gallon

------------------
El Chino
-------------------------
'01 Millenium Silver
-SRT INTAKE (SOON!!)
-CUSTOM CAR AUDIO (BEING BUILT RIGHT NOW)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Usually about $1.99-$2.09 a gallon. It blows.

------------------
Rollin' Phat IS300 (Auburn Sky Pearl)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts