Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to this forum. I have enjoyed reading all of the past messages.
I went to my local dealer and they said there would be a price increase sometime in the fall. Thus if you want a low price, you should buy now.
Has anyone heard this before.
Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yes, I heard this from multiple dealers.
They said it would go up 1%.

It sounds like a ploy to ensure that people do not wait to buy...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone tested the waters at the local Lexus dealerships? The one closes to me has 20 people ahead of me on list to buy.

Do you guys expect tough to no negotiation on price due to initial demand? In that case, I'm sorry to say that I'll be hanging out at Acura CL-S.net soon.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I would not expect much room to negotiate price for at least a little while. Many people (at popular dealerships) will be lucky if their dealer holds true (Lexus policy) to MSRP.

If you are near a dealership that is not very popular, then you might have more luck.
Some parts of the country are still so "buy american" (buy a pickup) that a Lexus dealership might be a little slow...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't have to negotiate if the car came in at what they hinted (~27K Base) vs bulk of cars ~34K optioned up. Being a newly married guy My New speakers were nixed because stands and wiring adds ~200+.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by tw14:
Has anyone tested the waters at the local Lexus dealerships? The one closes to me has 20 people ahead of me on list to buy.

Do you guys expect tough to no negotiation on price due to initial demand? In that case, I'm sorry to say that I'll be hanging out at Acura CL-S.net soon.
Great!! More IS300's for others....do you think Acura is discounting the CL?! Good Luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's all hype; my last two cars were first year models.

I'll make it a point not to do that again.

Overall, I think the people who bought '02 cars got more bang for the buck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darth_yao on 2001-12-20 16:16 ]</font>

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
Yea really..

But since it is brought up again, I have to agree with darth. I feel I got an awesome deal on my 02'. Much better than when I talked numbers back in 01' but decided to wait for a 5spd. :smile:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I shall watch your career with great interest, young jedi...

Yeah I know; but I always wanted to say that ever since you popped up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darth_yao on 2001-12-20 17:06 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts