Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets have a little opinion poll here. how many people think that the is300 will be selling for less than msrp after a month--in mid to late July ?

--k

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think that even after a month, there will still be a waiting list for this car. So, no, IMHO I don't think most dealerships will be selling for below MSRP for a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may depend on your part of the country. I just went to my local Lexus dealer in Michigan last week to start asking about this car, and the salesman I was talking to said that I would be third in line to get one, and that there really wasn't a need to put down a deposit at this point. I have no idea if his list is just for his customers, or if it is part of a larger list for the entire dealership. The feeling I got, however, was that I wouldn't have a problem getting one if I do end up deciding on this car. While we didn't talk price, it didn't sound like he was completely glued to the sticker price, either. He did indicate that his location was also getting the standard initial shipment of three cars on the 15th, but he wasn't exactly sure what was coming in after that. They had just gotten a press car in that I went to check out, but someone from the press had already come to pick it up by the time I got there. Oh well...I guess I'll see it in person eventually. I'm still deciding between the 3.2TL and the IS300. You get a lot more luxury for less money with the Acura, but Lexus seems to offer an intangible piece in terms of the buying experience that is hard to put a pricetag on. My final decision is going to be based on weighing the fun-to-drive factor vs cost. I have a feeling that actually driving the Lexus may close the deal in that direction. I'm currently in a 98 Maxima SE, which has been very enjoyable to drive.

jj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jeffthx
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing