Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently driving a 2006 IS350. Usually after turning off the engine, there seem be a smooth pressure releasing sound near the back the engine. I assume it is the exhaust gas or something related. Anyways, for the past couple days, after i turned off the engine, the pressure releasing sound becomes pulsed (pressure releasing sound, stops, pressure releasing sound again, stops again, and repeat). This is occuring after the valve spring recall and I am wondering if this recall or cold temperature, 6 degree celcius, can be the reason. And is it harmful to the engine?

thanks for your advises

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Just got my valve springs done, so haven't heard it yet, I'll listen for it,...did you have the accelerator pedal recall done with the ecu flash?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pressure Release

I have had The Valve Spring Recall done a month ago and have not noticed this sound you are hearing. I have not done the Accelerator Pedal. I have no idea what this sound you are hearing could be. Good luck and please post the result.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They possibly left a vacuum hose loose. I also had the spring recall done 2 months ago and have nothing like that. In fact I think the car runs better. Prolly cause I talked them in to replacing the plugs for the inconvenience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts