Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: I just received this note!
===========================================
One other thing you and your friends may be interested in is that we are expecting to have 5 new IS300's arrive at our dealership either June 1st or June 2nd. These 5 cars will be in different colors and, I presume, different interior packages. The cars will be at our dealership for 3 or 4 days for press viewing. Any customers are welcome to come view the cars as well prior to the anticipated release of the new IS300 in mid-June. No test driving wll be allowed. Lexus Monterey Peninsula is the only dealership that will have these cars for viewing in advance.

Please give me a call at (831)393-3030 if you think you may come down to view the new IS300.

Thank you.

Laurenne Piercy

==========================================

[ UPDATE ]

The IS300s have arrived. We have 8 cars in a variety of colors available for viewing today, tomorrow and Sunday (not Saturday). Please call me if you are coming to view at 831-393-3030. thanks.
Laurenne Piercy
[ Saturday must be the press event ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just talked to Laurenne. As you said they get the cars today or tomorrow. She said she would call when they did. I'm heading there when they do even though they cannot be driven. I sat in the IS200 at the SF car show and was impressed enough to put down a deposit after the show at a local dealer. Still waiting for that test drive.
The dealer said if the car I want comes in I can have it, 13-16 at this point. We'll see.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
just wonder, where is the dealership again?
monterey and how to get there?
any address will be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just came back from Monterey Lexus after a quick perusal. Sweet little car. They had black, green, silver, graphite and yellow. Sat it one, both front and back, and the ergonomics seem pretty good. I was a bit skeptical that the butt may be a bit big but in person it works just fine. Going back Sunday with my wife so she'll get hooked too! More details to follow.

Bryon

[TEG cleaned up your message ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
I also went to Monterey. They had 8 cars. No white, Autumn Sky, or Spectra. They ran one and it is very quiet until you wind it up. The sound reminded me of the Supra. Very smooth running. I was also surprised to see a coffee can exhaust tip.
There was a Toyota research engineer there and I was bugging him with the questions we all have like "Why 23 MPG?", Prop rod?, Ash tray and No NAV?
Answers 1. It's a performance car. 2. To save weight. 3. Haven't come up with a system that will fit yet.
I personally did not like the Millinium Silver. It is not like the BMW silver. I do not normally like black cars but the one they had with the ivory interior was striking.
BTW this is a small dealer with open slots for late July deliveries if anyone is interested. Ask for Laurenne at Montery Lexus or email [email protected]

Mike

[This message has been edited by builder1 (edited June 02, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Regarding the Prop Rod...

I was just under the hood of my wife's $42k (it's a lease, sshhh) Land Rover Discovery yesterday and you know what, it has a prop rod too... I spent $20 bucks to put a hydraulic hood support on my miata and I love it.

But I think if someone is not going to work on the engine ever, then they're not going to care if there's a prop rod or not.

And if they wanted to save weight, then why aren't the Drilled Aluminum Pedals, ONLY drilled aluminum (ala RX7)? What's with the plastic backing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Two other observations. The steering wheel tilts but does not telescope. I was kind of shocked. The radio is awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not sure about why the answer but that was this Toyota research engineer's response. I don't know but is the engine in the IS longer so maybe it comes further into the car than the others?

Mike
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
How can they not have a NAV system that doesn't fit??? They ALREADY made one that does FIT in the Altezza and IS200...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Webmaster, would any aftermarket hydraulic rod work for the IS? also is the install hard? (like where to place it so it actually props open by itself)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
is300pat, the Miata aftermarket community is VERY enthusiastic. There are at least three "hood strut -kits-" from different vendors available.
They are sized in length and strength for the miata and available mounting holes - I had to drill the hole for the screw in the hood structure but the other fit in an existing hole on the body. Very easy.

I don't think it will be hard for one of us to find a hydraulic strut (readily available at auto parts stores) that will fit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a bulge!! I would guess it is clearance for the rear end housing since it right in the center. BTW it is full size spare with a wheel matching whatever is on the car. Can I assume you had no problem viewing the pics?
Originally posted by is300pat:
Builder1...is that a bulge right below the pass through in the trunk? or just the floor mats all messed up

·
Registered
814 Posts
Builder1,

How's the yellow? I originally wanted yellow then switched to silver. How did the yellow look IYO. Maybe I'll switch . Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
11 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing