Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im finally in the position to get a 1jzgte (jzx100) with r154 for my is300 in which i plan on swapping in my vehicle next year. i have been doing quite a bit of research to gather as much information as i can before i actually do the swap in my car since ill be also doing a manual conversion as well. i plan on using the link ecu with the boomsling as well just for ease of use and tuning ability in the future. from my research i havent seen many people do this particular swap into their IS's and im curious to why. from what Ken Gushi mentioned in his video i should be able to use my stock engine harness from my GE on the GTE motor, does anyone know if that is true? or is that possible with the link ecu? ill be also emailing link ecu to clarify some things as well. any info would be great and i have read some and or most the post regard such swap but i cant find things that mention "i swap a jzx100 with r154 into my is300". i do plan on keeping this a living post once i get my motor to record the process as i go along with this adventure. ill just say this isnt my first time doing motor work since i have a fully built turbo integra (that i built) sitting in my garage. but working on honda's is crazy easy when compared to this or maybe im just trippin, lol!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the JXS171 swap it's pretty straight forward. Repin 4 wires and had to alter the PS pump as the reservoir is in the way. Then you need to figure out the ECU. I ran the CANverter from ALL4SWAP & ATEMU. Got rid of limp mode, restored all gauges as well as traction control and A/C.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the JXS171 swap it's pretty straight forward. Repin 4 wires and had to alter the PS pump as the reservoir is in the way. Then you need to figure out the ECU. I ran the CANverter from ALL4SWAP & ATEMU. Got rid of limp mode, restored all gauges as well as traction control and A/C.
im going to run the Link ecu along with the boomsling harness. from what i have seen the GE harness will be fine to use with the jzx171 motor in which im now looking to see if i can get with a r154 from this importer im dealing with. im pretty i can get it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
How much did all the stuff from ALL4SWAP run you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
$140+ shipping, $70 for CANverter and $70 for ATEMU but only needed for using an auto ECU with a manual car. Not needed if you are running a standalone though.
How difficult was it to hook it all up? I was planning on going with the link ecu to save some trouble and make a bit more power, but $1,680 plus more $$ for tuning time makes it a very expensive option for just 300 whp

·
Registered
81 Posts

This video will explain everything you need for exactly what your doing and it's up to date. I hope someone stickys this. I recommend a xcessive ecu with the 1jzgte vvti and either a r154 or w58 to get by with. Down the road upgrades where you want based off your wallet. Biggest thing to note from the video was changing the is300 ps res to a 1jzgte ps res to make it work and go with a aristo fuel pump setup to stay factory style. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is the video i watched like 5-8 times to make sure i heard everything he said and the reason why im doing the swap fully. itll cost some with the ecu but i need it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I’m sure this is the dumbest question to be asked but does anyone know of any shops or someone who would be willing to do this project as I don’t have the time but I would love to have my daily driver IS turbo’d. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
579 Posts
OP, talk to Xcessive Manufacturing. They have a full kit with the harness adapter so you won't need the Boomslang crap.

paid4is, Xcessive might be able to help you out if you're anywhere near Portland. If not, then ask around your local car clubs, etc..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I’m sure this is the dumbest question to be asked but does anyone know of any shops or someone who would be willing to do this project as I don’t have the time but I would love to have my daily driver IS turbo’d. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
I'm sure there are. How much are you willing to pay? Labor is not cheap in these parts of town. Furthermore, swapping was way cooler back when no one had the engines. Nowadays it's a "me too" kinda thing. Looking into a mild turbo kit for your engine might be best for a dd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OP, talk to Xcessive Manufacturing. They have a full kit with the harness adapter so you won't need the Boomslang crap.
ill make sure i ask them about that before i make the purchase. if i dont need extra wires then i wont get them. thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
at one time swapping out a motor was roughly $600 bucks but for some reason i dont think itll cost more in todays market. are you doing a auto to manual conversion as well?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update:
the r154 that is coming with my motor is the tripod version which sits further back than the older r154. does anyone know if i will need to get any special plates made? from the looks of it i might be just fine as it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi there you should be fine i had to modify the housing but if you have the tripod it might be just perfect cause i extended my housing and it was too short but still made it work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts