Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just bored. Pictures of my 5th accident and only 1/5 was my fault. How much worth of damge do you think this is? I think its time for a new beater.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
5 accidents? just to bitch, do you know i've never been in an accident but i pay the highest insurance legally allowed by law (yes convicted drunk drivers pay less in insurance then me). that is all. also i noticed that you don't have a type-sh. that is probably your first problem.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
5 accidents? that sucks man. Glad that you are OK though

Did you have snow tires on your car? I noticed that you are using the stock wheels. From my experience with 5th gen. the stock tires has less traction after 5k miles.

And from what I know type SH's ATTS actually doesn't really help in snow or wet condition.
Even on dry condition playing the steering wheel (during turn) to much will confuse the computer and caused the car to go wild.

5th gen is a really an amazing car but not so good on wet or snow condition.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Preludes are cursed!!! Everyone i know that has or had one got into at least one fender bender...I had 3 accidents in that car...none my fault of course...my dad backed into my car with a truck once...some drunk guy hit and ran on me...then some lady hit me at 40 mph while a was a at a sandstill and totalled it. Its ok...i have a nicer car now :D

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
stcleaner said:
Why do you have the highest insurance allowed by law and how much is it
i didn't own a car for many years and thus, didn't have any insurance. well, there is a little known clause that the insurance company can charge you whatever they want (and they will) if you don't have continous insurance. that means a break in your insurance for even 30 days will cause your premiums to rocket. imagine 2 years. they are always looking for away to fock you.

here is a list i compiled of ways auto insurance focks you.
-points on license
-break in coverage
-car types
-marital status
-financial status
-location (where car is garaged, where car is driven)
-etc.

basically, in order to get a reasonable insurance i have to be a 40 year old married heterosexual female living in a suburban/rural area anywhere between conneticut and new hamshire earning 100k and driving a camry an average of 15 miles a week. that sounds reasonable.

by the way jce, to bad about the accident, hope you didn't get injured and can get the car back on its feet in no time. it's a sweet ride.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
papercliprebel said:
stcleaner said:
Why do you have the highest insurance allowed by law and how much is it
i didn't own a car for many years and thus, didn't have any insurance. well, there is a little known clause that the insurance company can charge you whatever they want (and they will) if you don't have continous insurance. that means a break in your insurance for even 30 days will cause your premiums to rocket. imagine 2 years. they are always looking for away to fock you.

here is a list i compiled of ways auto insurance focks you.
-points on license
-break in coverage
-car types
-marital status
-financial status
-location (where car is garaged, where car is driven)
-etc.

basically, in order to get a reasonable insurance i have to be a 40 year old married heterosexual female living in a suburban/rural area anywhere between conneticut and new hamshire earning 100k and driving a camry an average of 15 miles a week. that sounds reasonable.

by the way jce, to bad about the accident, hope you didn't get injured and can get the car back on its feet in no time. it's a sweet ride.
The best way around all that bs is to get your policy from progressive online. I have a horrible driving record, and just got my lic back from suspension last year, but all that was in CO. I move to tx, insure my GS from progressive and pay about 125 a month, that includes no insurance for over a year, and "Previous drving record not found" surcharges.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those of you who don't know, we had a huge Ice Storm in the DC Metro area, specially towards the north western region. I rather have a Snow Storm over an Ice Storm anyday. I would have stayed home but my mother's car broke down, so like a good son, I went to pick her up. I should have been smart enough to avoid all steep hills. Hopefully, if the quote is not that high, I may get this counted as a "weather castastrophy" at least thats what I was told... not really sure how that works.

stcleaner said:
I'm guessing the other 4/5 th's was the snow? Umm maybe 2 g's I don't know never had one of those cars.
1) Teen with a permit hit my front, not my fault
2) T-boned by an old lady, again not my fault
3) Hit & run, once again not my fault
4) Rear ended, also not my fault

A-lex-us said:
Preludes are cursed!!! Everyone i know that has or had one got into at least one fender bender...I had 3 accidents in that car...none my fault of course...my dad backed into my car with a truck once...some drunk guy hit and ran on me...then some lady hit me at 40 mph while a was a at a sandstill and totalled it. Its ok...i have a nicer car now :D
Yeah, one of my friends had his Prelude hit by a drunk driver and his car was totaled. Another one had his door hit and ripped off. Another one was rear-ended and his car was totaled. Another just keeps getting into fender benders and I think I can honestly say he has huge dents in every panel but the top roofing. All in all, the curse is a bitch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
JCE10
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing