Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Preferred Dealer Directory sounds like a good addition to the website. How does it work?

The description says:

"For the best deal possible on your new IS300 (or any Lexus) contact the dealer listed below for your region. These dealers have pledged to give the best deal possible to IS300.net users! Use the link for each dealer below to get the IS300.net deal - and don't forget to email us and let us know about your experience!

Does that mean that the dealers have pledged to match price quotes from other dealers? To offer no haggle pricing that they know is lower than any other price offered in the area? Something else?

And, just as general background information, do "Preferred Dealers" pay or provide anything valuable to be included on the list?

JM Lexus, for instance, is now highlighted on the home page and highlighted on the Preferred Dealer list. I thought JM was where the webmaster's car came from and I vaguely recall the webmaster in an early thread re pricing that his deal was below MSRP when most dealers were taking a hardline on MSRP.

Now, I'm not being critical. If I could cut a super deal, I'd do it too.

And I'm sure from Lexus and its dealers' perspective, though they may not love all the posts here, they'd rather that some enthusiast board be up and running than that there not be any board at all.

And this board has often had some valuable (or at least interesting) posts so that I check in periodically and will continue to.

If some dealer support helps keep this board up and running, that's not a bad thing.

If the Preferred Dealer list expands to my area and I wind up contacting one, though, I'd just like to know the real deal.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
The Preferred Dealer directory was established to try and get a Lexus dealer within a region to give the best pricing to our users.

Dealers in the directory have not pledged specifically to price-match, but they have pledged to give the best deals going and the ones on the list so far seem to have a good handle on that. Basically your second description, no-haggle pricing lowest in the area. In return for providing leads to each dealer, a commission is due to is300.net for each vehicle sold.

Now as to my deal, my car was straight-up MSRP at the time, but I had leased a brand ES300 for all of five months and carried over money from that car to the IS.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Happy to hear that IS300.net has persuaded dealers to offer great pricing AND share a commission on each sale to help keep the board up and going.

[This message has been edited by RacerX (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by oneeyejack:
the commission goes to the "help pay tony's speeding tickets fund!" hahaahahah....sorry tony..i couldn't resist!
I just got another one today. Dammit. But this time I was in the truck. I got hit at an end-of-the-month speed trap in a 35 zone. Ug.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
13,978 Posts
dang tony.....i feel for you bro!

how much is your insurance now...it must be pretty high especially after all those tickets!

·
Registered
509 Posts
any prefered dealer in Canada??
it seems it only works for US residents..
but apparently..
i am in Vancouver, Canada.................
anyone from lower mainland know any where with good deals on is?
i am just searching around for now for the best deal i can get on IS..
=)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
land rovers can do more than 35?
Yes, Land Rovers can do 100+ too. Just takes a long time to get there.

Originally posted by oneeyejack:
how much is your insurance now...it must be pretty high especially after all those tickets!
Same as it's always been. Those tickets went to court and got thrown out. Woohoo. Ticket Attorneys - $79 per ticket...

I pay $260/mo for:
99 Land Rover Discovery
01 Lexus IS300
94 Mazda Miata
and 300k of life insurance...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing