Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is starting to PMO!!!!

I have purchaced three variants of the 576 color, and none of them match! Has anyone else found this to be a problem?

Has anyone used another brand that does match, if so what was the paint code? (not OEM, but manufacturers code, ie: PPG: 4417 = OEM: 576)

Valspar maybe, or BASF?

The closest I have gotten is the PPG 4417ALTR variant in DBU. The DBC paint in the same variant is too white, WTF!!!

Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah i had the same problem, the 576 signal yellow does not match but i am just doing the interior so its not that bad. call the body shop at a local lexus dealership they may help you out, or point you in the right direction

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
I could be wrong, but it's the color called "solar yellow" not "signal yellow" ?

anywho.... I heard that solar Yellow as one of the hardest colors to match.

I'll have a friend check it out.. He works at a body shop

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Ummm the actual color is Toyota SuperBright Yellow #576... dont believe anything else.
came on the celicas, MR2's and IS300's now on matrix's

as u were.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Ummm the actual color is Toyota SuperBright Yellow #576... dont believe anything else.

as u were.
according to the Lexus brochure... it's "solar yellow" :eek:

I guess Toyota likes to give the colors name variances to make each model "special and Unique" to themselves.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
!!!

I had the same problem, my car got keyed and had to have the entire car done over. They mixed up the paint and sprayed and when it dried the paint looked like a bright neon greenish yellow, mixed it again and it came out yellow, but it definitely isnt my stock color yellow, now my door jams dont match. :pissed:

·
Registered
246 Posts
kraze8 said:
BigDaddyRich said:

as u were.
according to the Lexus brochure... it's "solar yellow" :eek:

I guess Toyota likes to give the colors name variances to make each model "special and Unique" to themselves.

ya, the TCM was originally(?) on the 00 tundra, but it was called tunder GRAY metallic. it seems to be perfect match when i parked my car with its former color next to a friends tundra and i think (almost positive) its the same toyota/lexus code

1 - 8 of 8 Posts