Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to let you know that i just got an email from one of the guys at Powerhouse Racing that the IS300 short shifter is in completion and the price will be way better than what is advertised on there new site. I am planning on getting one so i can compare to the one i most recently purchased. I in no way represent Powerhouse but obviously they have a strong reputation for quality products. How many of you think you would be interested? If i get a good response from this post we can get them for close to $200 a piece and I will put them in touch with the proper resources for product sales. I have been guaranteed that install is easy and uses some OEM parts :) This post is just to determine an interest in the product.

MerchandiZer Demo Site

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would be possibly interested, but unless you can get them down on price, I would definitely be getting the Ralco SS instead... $399 would be ridiculous...

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
what's new about it?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Ill only get it if it reduces transmission noise. I am going back to stock for now because I cannot stand it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
400 bucks on the website? Eh, I'll pass, even if it dropped down to 2 or 3, I'll rather just get the Ralco one off E-bay.

Like IS_BoostByPsi mentioned, if it actually reduces transmission noise and sounds like stock, then I'm all for it, but other then that, not worth that major price tag.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I haven't checked for price but, if it is what they say it is, then no, not worth it. I have the RALCO SS and I am fine with it so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be possibly interested, but unless you can get them down on price, I would definitely be getting the Ralco SS instead... $399 would be ridiculous...
You are right...399 is definitely outrageous. Some other people have asked some good questions so I will try and keep you updated. I have been told around $200

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
PHR was never cheap. They were on the high end of the price tag for pretty much all their products. If I remember correctly that's the same price the shifters were back in 2002 as well and there will be noise like all short throw shifters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PHR was never cheap. They were on the high end of the price tag for pretty much all their products. If I remember correctly that's the same price the shifters were back in 2002 as well and there will be noise like all short throw shifters.
Thanks for letting me know. I can give them some feedback regarding what I am hearing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't checked for price but, if it is what they say it is, then no, not worth it. I have the RALCO SS and I am fine with it so far.
I have the ralco also and I totally enjoy it but for kicks I am also going to try the powerhouse as well. I will try and get back on here to give some feedback. Thanks for taking the time to respond to the post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will try and remeber to respond once i order mine. I will be able to give better feedback once i have it installed.
Here is an update i promised. The Powerhouse IS300 shifter is a solid one piece unit that uses some of the stock IS parts (Shift knob for one). It is Billet aluminum and shorter than the Ralco shifter which will be a definite plus. Pricing is going to be between 150 and 200. Once I receive my PHR shifter and install it I will post pics and feedback for everyone. This unit is expected to be quieter also. Roughly about 3 weeks till release of the shifter.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a quadruple post before.

EDIT: deleted the 3 extras.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Here is an update i promised. The Powerhouse IS300 shifter is a solid one piece unit that uses some of the stock IS parts (Shift knob for one). It is Billet aluminum and shorter than the Ralco shifter which will be a definite plus. Pricing is going to be between 150 and 200. Once I receive my PHR shifter and install it I will post pics and feedback for everyone. This unit is expected to be quieter also. Roughly about 3 weeks till release of the shifter.
sounds good. are there any way we can purchase the ss now instead of the 3 weeks waiting period?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
using the stock shift knob is a plus (i think the old one couldn't), also pricing. i wonder if they can finally make it stock quiet. and with a rectangular not rounded base like the B&M.

·
Registered
122 Posts
<---excited, been looking for a good short shifter since i purchased my IS300. Deff want to hear feedback/reviews on it.

·
Registered
100 Posts

same here....i wanted the PLP but i can't find it anywhere....if it's a good piece of machinery and good price....i'd be down for one

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there a link or anything to read about what the they are planning for that shifter? I would probably join a group buy.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Is there a link or anything to read about what the they are planning for that shifter? I would probably join a group buy.
Nick has the first one and has had good results, im sure he will post something up about the shifter to tell you his experiance!

Regards,

Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
same here....i wanted the PLP but i can't find it anywhere....if it's a good piece of machinery and good price....i'd be down for one
I have the first one and it is awesome. I bought a short shifter from another maker recently and found that the one from Powerhouse is much better. Powerhouse shifter is quieter, shorter, has a nicer shift knob and it shifts without snagging. The other shifter I had was a noise magnet and it made my wife crazy. She also had a hard time shifting because it would tend to have a light snag on shifts. We have to remember that because a part is affordable doesn't mean you should sacrifice quality. The PHR shifter gives us the quality with great pricing and makes install easy by combining stock components along with there after-market product. I wish I had waited a little longer for the Powerhouse shifter before buying the other one i got. This is not a sales pitch I actually used the prouduct and wanted to share my enthusiasm. Btw..They are still working on their new website so check with them on the real cost of the product. You won't be dissapointed.

(Nick) AKA..Lethalauto

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.