Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone broke the tires free? Peel out? fish tail? Does the IS have the power to do this? Im just curious.. My first rear wheel!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe I wasn't hard enough. I could get the traction control light shows up but I couldn't get a fish tail. Btw, the traction control is rather unobtrusive.

Andy

·
Registered
537 Posts
With traction control off I have swung the back end out on a turn. Had to do it while taking my neighbor for a ride to prove to him that it was RWD. :) Didn't even have to floor it...

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
15,322 Posts
i've been sqeeling the tires a lot more now for some reason, usually through semi aggressive turns, sometimes through really mild turns, it does get ppl to turn heads a second time though...but might be really bad for tire wear.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - you can turn the traction control off, and I was able to swing the tail around at the IS Tour event. Too bad the traction control defaults to "ON" every time you start the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing