Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 and originally bought the car knowing that all windows didn’t work and knowing also that they all went out at the same time. I figured it was the master window switch so I bought a new one. After installing it everything seemed to work fine, all windows went down and up smoothly etc. but as soon as I started the car to go on a joy ride everything was back to how it was.

I got home and tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and switch and it worked again. Then, again, as I started the car windows wouldn’t work. I do have a pretty old battery, but it’s still doing ok and putting out 12v (according to our special gauge)

Looks to me like all connections are fine and fuses/relays intact etc. horn doesn’t work but that’s a separate issue. Idk why this would only happen after I start the car and not sure what else I can try besides getting a new battery and crossing my fingers🤞

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Sounds like it could be a short in the system somewhere, or maybe a bad relay. Relays can test ok but still not be right. The fact that it stops working after starting the car makes me think a short somewhere though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it could be a short in the system somewhere, or maybe a bad relay. Relays can test ok but still not be right. The fact that it stops working after starting the car makes me think a short somewhere though.
Yeah almost positive it's a short now. Gonna take it in because I have no multimeter and no patience to find the short. My wallet's gonna take a hard hit though. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts