Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a issue with just 3 of my windows. The 2 rear and the passenger side will not go up or down. Ive replaced every fuse related to the power window circuit with no change. Taken a test light to every connection on the row where the 3 power window fuses are on and get nothing. Removed the fuse box and testes the relays on the back one by one. They all click with applying power directly but no response at all when i plug them in with ignition on. Using a multimeter tried to test and see if there was a ground connection in the panel it self but couldn't determine if it was a grounding problem in the panel or with the main ground to the panel to the car.

Is this the main grounding wires coming off of this fuse panel. If so where do they actually attach to the chassis.(Sorry for jacking the pick moiz87 might buy it if my panel is bad)

I would like to hope this is just a grounding problem from the block to the chassis and not have to replace the whole panel but it was looking for some insight to the problem.

I use a wire to bypass wire to ground the relay directly to the chassis for now and the windows work only on the individual doors not from the drivers control switches. Also if it might be related too the passenger side fog light doesn't work either and it happened a few months before the window problem.

Thanks in advance. And you can be grammar Nazis if you want i am just trying to list everything i tried.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Is this a 2IS?

Because if so you've done a -massive- amount of work for something your owners manual tells you how to fix.

If you ever disconnect your battery then the other 3 switches on the drivers door won't work until you reset each window individually.

Like I said, the procedure is in the manual.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2002 Is300. Never read the manual i will look for it. And yes it was a massive amount of troubleshooting. I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything. But i might have been searching for the wrong thing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First, does the 3 other windows work individually? Without the ground wire bypass or wutever you said you did? It might just be the switch at the drivers door. Try using the windows without the grounds bypassed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The windows will only work individually when they are bypassed with the ground. But do not work from the drivers control at all even bypassed.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Window lock hehe. Just messing. When you hit the switch for any of the three windows does the relay kick on? If so then its the motors or regulators. If it does not kick on then it is the controling modual that houses all of the switches which is in the drivers door.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I do agree with IS2Tree... that it may be the driver side switch ... u would just have to test the switch part thing...? we do it at our shop all the time but its weird to explain..

but its weird cuz normally when the main switch doesnt work the other doors wont work individ. ...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is this a 2IS?

Because if so you've done a -massive- amount of work for something your owners manual tells you how to fix.

If you ever disconnect your battery then the other 3 switches on the drivers door won't work until you reset each window individually.

Like I said, the procedure is in the manual.
u know... i know the 2IS does.... BUT my bf's 03 IS had to be reset the same way when he worked on his Driver side door.... :confused: and not until he rolled them down and then up individually did they work... idk..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Window lock hehe. Just messing. When you hit the switch for any of the three windows does the relay kick on? If so then its the motors or regulators. If it does not kick on then it is the controling modual that houses all of the switches which is in the drivers door.
The windows work fine individually when i made my own ground for the relay. But they still do not work from the drivers controls. Im trying to find a replacement locally or borrow someones at the moment. Will post what i find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having a issue with just 3 of my windows. The 2 rear and the passenger side will not go up or down. Ive replaced every fuse related to the power window circuit with no change. Taken a test light to every connection on the row where the 3 power window fuses are on and get nothing. Removed the fuse box and testes the relays on the back one by one. They all click with applying power directly but no response at all when i plug them in with ignition on. Using a multimeter tried to test and see if there was a ground connection in the panel it self but couldn't determine if it was a grounding problem in the panel or with the main ground to the panel to the car.

Is this the main grounding wires coming off of this fuse panel. If so where do they actually attach to the chassis.(Sorry for jacking the pick moiz87 might buy it if my panel is bad)

I would like to hope this is just a grounding problem from the block to the chassis and not have to replace the whole panel but it was looking for some insight to the problem.

I use a wire to bypass wire to ground the relay directly to the chassis for now and the windows work only on the individual doors not from the drivers control switches. Also if it might be related too the passenger side fog light doesn't work either and it happened a few months before the window problem.

Thanks in advance. And you can be grammar Nazis if you want i am just trying to list everything i tried.
did you ever figure this out I’m having the same issue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts