Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new ps pump it just started whinging and whirring seemingly out of nowhere...

any tips or things to watch out for, and which one do i buy?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can you get the gasket copper ring. The Ebay one is $14 is there a better deal elsewhere. Just use two copper gaskets instead.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Go new. Remans never last long. These PS pump put out 1500Lbs of pressure and if the seals dont seat right, it will fail again. But whatever you decide, add a magnefine 3/8” inline filter on the return line to clean any remaining debris in the fluid. Once the pump fails, its impossible to flush out the crap that made the first pump fail.

I have been using it on mine since I bought it with 96,000 miles on the clock. I am at 285,000 miles on the original rack and pump. Still tight as new. I also flush the PS fluid every 100,000 miles or sooner.

·
Registered
83 Posts
IF resourcing a new or good pump was a real challenge, I would consider replacing the vanes and rotor (pump core) which is shared with a lot of Toyota PS pumps (part number 44313-26060)! along with seals and bearings.
start from this link

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i did the flush with the old pump still there, then flushed the new one after install. the old fluid was really dark, i got a used one off ebay with 109k for $60. so far its working good... i used stp dextron atf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts