Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so recently my car would make loud noises when I start the car. I went to Firestone as it's right across the street from where I work and the technician stated that I needed a new power steering pump. I was wondering can anyone help me out as to what i should do? The technician quoted me it would cost around $500 for the new pump and flush and fill for power steering fluid. I am sure i can buy the part myself for way cheaper but installing it that's where i am clueless. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had to do this once too. The part at lexus is really really expensive FYI. I would suggest getting a rebuilt one. Doing it yourself? Now that all depends on your skill.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have limited knowledge of skills. If it helps any, it's the pulley i need to replace but you guys might correct me if i am wrong. I see where the belt is wrapped around it and that's what i need to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.