Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my power steering on my 01. I have checked the fluid and it is fine I have no leaks. It requires two hands to turn the wheel. It makes no noises and never has I found one in a junk yard for 100. I consider myself a novice at car repair I was wondering how hard it was to replace. Also I am assuming it is the psp if this doesn't fix it what else could it be.

·
Registered
844 Posts
bro
if ur psp is hard as hell
replace it. i bought mine used on ebay
from onlyis300parts something like that
100 bucks my buddy installed it and bang that was it.

How many miles u have in ur car
and yes u should check ur rack and pinion if thats the problem prepare to spend some %crossfirecaraudio.com $$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2001 with 113000 miles. I changed the ps fluid yesterday I notice it seems to be getting better so can I assume it is the ps? I plan on changing it myself asap.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
its the pump. id bet on it.

Grab a used one if you can, 100$ is a good price for used. replace it and see. With these problems its a process to find the issue, so start at the most obvious and work from there.

D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 4 all the help. I would also like to thank everyone on this message borard. I have had my IS since 2003. I have been able to do all nessassary work on my car by myself. Before I was a beginner when it came to mechanics now I am at least a novice. My wallet also thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
np and good luck.

D

·
Registered
648 Posts
And if you do change the pump or rack, be sure to keep the fluid flushed every two or so years so you won't have to deal with this in the future. Bad/deteriorated fluid can cause your problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you need the rack replaced, I have it available for $330 with a limited lifetime warranty (as long as you don't damage it on installation; covers normal wear & tear). I don't need yours in exchange, but it is welcome. Shipping is extra. I accept paypal, unless you're in SOCAL local cash is ok. Email me if interested [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts