Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have anyone of you with 19 inch wheels feel any power lose? I have just got my wheels and it seems as though im loosing some power as far as torque and also in freeway driving....doesnt seem like the car is pulling as much. Please post similiar situations.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes,

You will lose power because of the increase in rotational mass. By moving weight away from the center along with any weight increase, will cause the car to use more power to get it moving.

Again, any gains you have in terms of handling (which I state is minimal) vs. a 17 came at the cost of acceleration.

I have never been a big proponent of 19s for this very reason.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
18" 19" is all power loss. I had 17" before my 18" (not factory 17") and the car seemd much faster then.. but becuse it was lowered, my acr scraped like hell then.. withthe 18" now my car dosen't scrape as much, but there is loss in pickup... i guess there is always an element sacrificed when u change one thing for another..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so there is a power lose but how much....Maybe a good ole supercharger with solve my dilemas!!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i've heard it will slow brain function also, especially the part of the brain involved in vocabulary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing