Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a roblem with the locks on my doors. sometimes when I am driving down the road they start trying to lock themselves like 13 times in a row even though they are already locked!! :-? Granted my car is an R title and the wiring was previously stripped out to fix the car, I was just seeing if this is a problem that is only happening to me or if others have experienced this also. I dont like to go to the mechanic's but I may have to... (I did search this and found nothing)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
WRECKEDIS300 said:
I have a roblem with the locks on my doors. sometimes when I am driving down the road they start trying to lock themselves like 13 times in a row even though they are already locked!! :-? Granted my car is an R title and the wiring was previously stripped out to fix the car, I was just seeing if this is a problem that is only happening to me or if others have experienced this also. I dont like to go to the mechanic's but I may have to... (I did search this and found nothing)
On my '91 Acura Legend, I had a similar problem..not the same, but close maybe?

Doors unlocked, the car was fine.
If I hit the power-lock button, the doors would continuously lock/unlock! :crazy:

Problem turned out to be the Power door lock actuator?
(something like that)

--My solution, pull the fuse that controlled that feature until I got it fixed, lol. Good luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bk9. Oh yeah, whenever I step on the brake they try to lock too... I think I may have to talk to my bodyman who stripped the car's electronics. Oh man! :x

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
on my honda accord, when that happened, it was the lock actuator, just like bk9 stated above...i think it's just 1 part that needs to be replaced for each door.

but since they try to lock when you step on your brakes, :eek: i don't think it's the same problem as the actuator...

good luck with that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts