Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search, but nothing that explains what this button does.

Help?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Power button is part of electronic throttle control system which maintain the right engine output in relation to the accelerator opening. 2 buttons, 3 modes (normal, ETC pwr, snow). ETC pwr mode allows for more aggressive acceleration in which the transmission is up shifted at higher speeds and down shifted more repondsively

·
Registered
41 Posts
Power button is part of electronic throttle control system which maintain the right engine output in relation to the accelerator opening. 2 buttons, 3 modes (normal, ETC pwr, snow). ETC pwr mode allows for more aggressive acceleration in which the transmission is up shifted at higher speeds and down shifted more repondsively
basically what this means is under normal (not flooring it) pedal application the car will rev higher before shifting. but if your floorin it the power button is useless. I dont press this button cause gas 3.29 a gallon over in MA

Reactions: Brandizzle

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
To me I hardly notice a difference in performance.
That's because of what the guy said above. If you floor the gas pedal in any mode... it'll give you full throttle. It's only when driving between 10 and 90% throttle that you'll notice any difference.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i dont know why but im super confused. mainly cause im not in my car to play with it. this is for is300 correct. how do i engage this high range of power. kind sounding like a noob here but im just confused. i read the article from CL and some of the people commenting drive is350's keeping my in the dark. but again we are in the gen 1 discussion board sooo. ill see whats up when i jump in my car. maybe i will figure it out for myself!
~weiss

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
nm, i guess i dont even have a power button. is this maybe an auto option?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup, that'll do it. I don't think it's possible to electronically control a manual...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
nm, i guess i dont even have a power button. is this maybe an auto option?
Yeah... this feature doesn't add power to the engine... it just shifts the transmission in a way that keeps engine revs in the sweet spot of the rev range for a longer period of time. And yes... obviously this is only for auto IS's.

·
Registered
244 Posts
basically what this means is under normal (not flooring it) pedal application the car will rev higher before shifting. but if your floorin it the power button is useless. I dont press this button cause gas 3.29 a gallon over in MA
man thats it for gas.....i paid $3.89 a gallon in fresno california at a chevron

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts