Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
the e-brake applies pressure on both rear wheels....

if you launch like that past 3000..the car will start to move...power overtakes brakes

i think you could warp your rotors doing that, so it's not recommended.....

hold the pedal brake and launch at around 2000-2500

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
TylerBStanley said:
Is taht bad for your car?? Waht exactly does it do?? Also when i try to pull the E-brake my brakes squeel relly loud but no wheel lockup. Does the e-brake stop the two rear wheels or jsut one?
not trying to be a smart ass or anything but why are you driving around pulling up your hand brake and stuff? do u wanna fuck your car up on purpose? :-?

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Usually the parking brake activates drum brakes on the rear wheels - not the calipers - they use separate brake pads. So the only thing you're gonna do is wear those drum brake shoes out - you're not gonna hurt your car, unless you spin it into a tree of course.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
soudns good, but i also noticed somethnig else, like when i hold down the brake and give the car some power it feels as if the back end lowers down? what exactly is moving?? IS it the suspension? or the tires? I think that is the coolest feeling in my car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.