Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup driving home tonight hit a nice sized pothole blew out both side walls of passenger side tires and I think I saw a nice flat spot on the rear rim. On top of everything my battery died also, how magical.

So tomorrow, looks like 2 new tires, check the rim, do the alignment, balance and rotate and......... buy a new battery. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching: :bitching:

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you figure out the jurisdiction of the road where this happened, you can try to get compensation. I would immediately go back to where this pothole is and take pictures, and then take pictures of the damage. I know here in California if this happens to you on a CalTrans maintained road you have a decent shot at getting some compensation.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
bigslick said:
If you figure out the jurisdiction of the road where this happened, you can try to get compensation. I would immediately go back to where this pothole is and take pictures, and then take pictures of the damage. I know here in California if this happens to you on a CalTrans maintained road you have a decent shot at getting some compensation.
wow thanks for the info i should check into that. i got a flat cuz of a huge pothole too :pissed:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Dang... what a day.. huh? :chill:

·
Registered
565 Posts
that stinks bro....i hit one too but my tires just got all bubbled out where they hit it. And that was reason enough to get new tires too and i didnt want to have 2 tires with some tread and 2 with full tread so i just went ahead and bought all four. those things are not cheap either....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I managed a $2800 repair bill from a pothole. Two tires, one rim, upper and lower control arms, wheel hub, bearings, alignment.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your posts, it was just not my night last night. Hopfully its just the two tires, I am going to have to check all the control arms when its on the lift. *crosses fingers*

I was just removing my battery and I noticed that it has alot of corrosion(sp?) on it and that the battery indicator says the battery is good so this maybe what the problem was. I have to get a battery tester to make sure.

Anyways thanks again for the posts, and the adventure continues..... I am off to the tire place as soon as the flatbed gets here. :crazy:

·
11,054 Posts
Geeze, where is this Godzilla of a pothole? Far away from us, I hope.

Sounds like you will want to buy any road hazard policy you can get on the new tires...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well just got back from Tire Kingdom.... 2 new tires, one bent rim, one new battery and alignment. Also one morning shot to hell.....

Good news is I bought the battery off my brother inlaw who owns a Shell Gas Station near bye. Also he has an account with tire kingdom so he called in saying that I was a customer of his, that tire kingdom do the work and bill him. This is good because he gets everything at cost and then bills me at the same cost.

Now the fun part comes, I took pictures of the rim and tires (which I will post soon) I am now going to go to class and then on the way home take pictures of the HOLE FROM HELL :pissed: :bitching: and then type up a not so nice letter to the City of Pinecrest with the work orders, pictures and sale amounts for a new rim and tire from Lexus.

Let the Games begin, I am down 4 but I smell a comeback!!!

Still Pothole 4 ME 0

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SeattleSheila said:

Sounds like you will want to buy any road hazard policy you can get on the new tires...
:lol: Don't worry Miami, Fla is a long ways away from you ....... I will post pics of Godzilla soon enough.

·
11,054 Posts
AECIS300 said:
SeattleSheila said:

:lol: Don't worry Miami, Fla is a long ways away from you ....... I will post pics of Godzilla soon enough.
Miami, FL? They don't even have the "freeze/thaw" excuse for poor maintenance!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
and you're from Thong Town... you gotta keep an eye on those holes... :eek:

wrong holes i guess... :wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
reminds me of a similar incident... i am use to the roads in guam (cuz guam is small)... anyways i hit a NEW pothole that use to NEVER be there.... and my tire got flat... i was pissed but i said screw it... got out my spare and drove away.....

now... i was driving again.... and BOOM same damn pothole... this time i had no spare cuz it was like 3 days after the first incident... grrr had to drive my car to the tire shop (was like only 2 blocks away) on a flat....

yes it was my fault... but god damn.... it sux cuz the very next day the pothole was filled :pissed:

oh yeah both times it was night time and... yeah i'm sure as some of you drivers know... that once you get use to a road being either smooth or rough you kinda adjust yourself automatically to the driving style.. in this case i just drove fast as i normally would do on that road (2x)

sucked... new tires were 500 and alignment was an extra 300

·
Registered
29,484 Posts
skfds said:
reminds me of a similar incident... i am use to the roads in guam (cuz guam is small)... anyways i hit a NEW pothole that use to NEVER be there.... and my tire got flat... i was pissed but i said screw it... got out my spare and drove away.....

now... i was driving again.... and BOOM same damn pothole... this time i had no spare cuz it was like 3 days after the first incident... grrr had to drive my car to the tire shop (was like only 2 blocks away) on a flat....

yes it was my fault... but god damn.... it sux cuz the very next day the pothole was filled :pissed:

oh yeah both times it was night time and... yeah i'm sure as some of you drivers know... that once you get use to a road being either smooth or rough you kinda adjust yourself automatically to the driving style.. in this case i just drove fast as i normally would do on that road (2x)

sucked... new tires were 500 and alignment was an extra 300
I would tend to remember things like a big pothole, especially if it gave me a flat and would probably think about it everytime I drive on that road in the future. :D J/K, kinda. Potholes suck. With the winter season arriving now it appears, we get a whole new mess of them.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
bigslick said:

same up here in hawaii, call like pot hole patrol , take pics , keep receits, and hopefully you get most or even more than what you paid for the damage!

good luck g

1 - 20 of 21 Posts