Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what utter dolts.

Friday, November 22

Stoudamire, Wallace will have to appear in court

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Damon Stoudamire and Rasheed Wallace of the Portland Trail Blazers were cited for marijuana possession when the car they were in was stopped for speeding early Friday.

Washington State Patrol Lt. Marty Butler said the players and the driver of the car were ticketed just after midnight near Centralia, Wash., about midway between Seattle and Portland.

The three will have to appear in court to answer the misdemeanor charges.

It is the second time this year Stoudamire has been charged with marijuana possession.

Sgt. Rob Huss stopped the car for going 84 mph in a 70 mph zone, Butler said.

''The trooper got the strong smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle so he initiated an investigation,'' Washington State Patrol spokesman Garvin March said.

The trooper requested assistance from local police, who sent a drug-sniffing dog to help search the vehicle, March said. Less than 40 grams of marijuana was found, making it a misdemeanor instead of a felony under Washington state law, he said.

After the tickets were issued, the three men continued on their way.

The Trail Blazers wouldn't comment immediately.

The players were returning to Portland after the Trail Blazers beat the Seattle SuperSonics 89-85 Thursday night in Seattle. Wallace scored 13 points. Stoudamire did not play.

In February, police found a large bag of marijuana at Stoudamire's house. The player and his father were charged with felony possession of marijuana, but the charges against his father were dropped. In August, a judge declared the search illegal and rejected a prosecution request to use the marijuana as evidence.
article[/u]

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ahh...the Jail Blazers. My favorite team and I can't stand to watch them play anymore. I miss the Clyde Drexler days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
UW IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing