Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrgh! Just got back from the dealer for a slow leak in my tire and they told me that the hole was too close to an earlier patch to repair. They sold me a new tire for 282. Just wondering whether anyone has used an outfit like Tire Rack and had the tire shipped to a local reputable tire shop in the Bay Area for installation? The tire itself looks to be almost $100 cheaper by mail order, but after you add in shipping, installation, and disposal the difference is smaller.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I had a wood screw in mine...damn it. Try Big O tires in Los Gatos. They were about $220 but you may have to wait a few days for the special order

·
Registered
17 Posts
i ordered from tirerack and the total was just under $200 after shipping....tire was delivered in about 4 days....my dealer mounted the tire free of charge when i took my car in for the 5000 mile sevice

·
Registered
250 Posts
A lot of the big national stores will match prices. I have always been able to get the cheepest online price (tire rack / discount / ...) from my local Discount Tire retail outlet. In fact, they usually have car mags in the waiting room so you just pick one up on the way to the counter. They will usually try to bump it 15-25 bucks for shipping - I counter with the 'then you aren't going to charge me tax' - sometimes it works / sometimes it doesn't, but it is always a bunch cheaper than the initial price they give you at the counter.

Terry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do the Lexus' have the same problems with the RE040s that I know us Audi owners have had? I.E. bubbling, horrible tread life, bulging, and tire failure. Its bad enough that Audi issued a Technical Service circular to the dealers and basically is recalling the RE040. The size affected were the 225/45R17/91Y which is the OEM size. Just curious.

Here is a link to the Circular in .pdf format from Audi's Tech site if anyone is interested.

http://tech.vw.com/audipdf/awa0011us.pdf

------------------
Zerin Dube
'00 Imola Yellow S4
APR Stage I EMCS Chip
Bailey Dump Valves
UUC Short Shifter

[This message has been edited by zerinS4 (edited January 05, 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts