Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a local troll wants to race me in his stock automatic GTP. my mods are as follows: intake and chip, full exhaust header back, short throw shifter and that's about it for performance. What are your thoughts on who will win?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't even bother. .. you'll lose 100%... why would you race anyways? Cops will fuck you up the butt hole

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
528 Posts
Honestly, first take the spare and tools and everything out of the trunk. Next put about a third of a tank of Non-oxygenated gas in the tank. If automatic transmission - push the switch for extra power. Keep climate control off and all accessories off, including headlights. Then disconnect your battery for 10 minutes and when you reconnect it, let it idle for 5 minutes, then drive it like you stole it (to reset the computer). Then don't let him talk you into a rolling start. From the line, floor it and hold it, and hope you get to third gear fast. Oh, and put a banana in his tail pipe.

You'll still lose, but when you do, just laugh and say, "for a supercharged car, you should have done a lot better than that!"

and DON'T RACE, it's illegal, stupid, and dangerous.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not going to race him. For one I know these cars are slow and for two its totally not worth it. I've had my close calls with that before. I should of worded the thread title differently.
I was basically just wondering what these cars would do against a stock GTP. I was honestly thinking I might put a car on him or so but I guess I have no idea. Oh we'll thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Take the chip out. It's doing nothing for you except placebo effect.

·
Registered
124 Posts
GTP's are not fast at all with those NA mods you should definitely be able to win from the dig or roll if you can drive. But as everyone has said Street racing is a gamble and unsafe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Chip? Ur kidding me right unless you are getting the srt r-ecu mixed up.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Chip? Ur kidding me right unless you are getting the srt r-ecu mixed up.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App
Exactly, there is no 'chip' for the IS300

·
Registered
339 Posts
He never mentioned if the race was on the street or strip, so I'll just assume strip.

Stock gtp's can break into the 14's. Use that for reference.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts