·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: skubasteevo

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
that's pretty neat, but like you said, with our reflector hids you will get a lot of back reflection if you've seen the old angel eyes pictures.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i might try this since im working on a projector retrofit

·
Registered
192 Posts
im sorry but i think that looks sweet. looks almost like it was meant to be that way. I kind of want to undertake this challenge.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i was thinking about getting an amber colored strip and wiring so it blinks with the blinkers... dont know how that would look though

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I don't know how it would flow with the shape of our headlights, but I really like the look.

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
This is the concept I was working on also, I wanted to make an aluminum housing for it (within the headlight house.) I was more interested in the optics vs a strip of LEDS. I want one blade looking piece of optical material to act as the light conduit, not a bunch of point sources. I just got some new lights, so as the weather heats up and my time frees up, I will see what I can come up with.

Fig

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this person just used the LED strips without the optics, and said its been keeping up pretty good. I think it would look sweet in our lights, since it would be an easy install - as our bottoms are nice and flat.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I really like the look.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Fig, you can get PLCC-2 SMD LEDs on a flexible strip with 1mm spacing. It looks like neon from a foot away. Very cool stuff. I've been playing with it for the past couple years, just haven't come up with anything cool to use it on just yet.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I wouldnt do it. Its a good look for the audi, but I dont think it would look too hot on an IS.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wouldnt do it. Its a good look for the audi, but I dont think it would look too hot on an IS.
I agree as well, looks great on the R8 but not to sure about an IS i think it would look pretty weird.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
I'm with them. It's an Audi trait, not a Lexus one. That's like a kid with a Civic getting yellow fogs and calling it an IS.

I think it's wicked sick looking, but let the Audi guys have their toys.

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Fig, you can get PLCC-2 SMD LEDs on a flexible strip with 1mm spacing. It looks like neon from a foot away. Very cool stuff. I've been playing with it for the past couple years, just haven't come up with anything cool to use it on just yet.
Yeah I like the multi-light look less that one uniform optic, with a side emitter lighting the whole think up. I am not sure why Audi went for the individual light look, but they can keep it. Looking for less of a neon ook and more of a lit "blade" look. Like when orcs are near.....

Fig

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Sorry to bring up something old, but any updates? I was thinking you could use the 1MM spaced led strip, maybe embedded in a plastic strip, custom molded for the application.

Plastic is pretty easy to work with actually...

And the ebay headlights... I just got a set. They have halos and three white leds below the headlight projector. I'm thinking of rewiring with amber led's, and, you guessed it, wire them to the turn signals...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts