Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(My coworker asked me to spread the word about this...it's been on most of the news channels lately):

My cousin, Justine Vanderschoot, has been missing since Monday night, September 1, 2003. She is 17 years old, and from Auburn, California. She is five feet, six inches tall (5'6"), weighs 115 pounds, with red and dark brown hair with blonde highlights. She has fair skin with freckles.

She disappeared sometime late on Monday night or early Tuesday, near midnight. She was due to start a new job the next day and was very excited about it. She left behind her purse, driver's license, makeup and gasoline credit card. Her silver Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck was found at a park-and-ride parking lot at the Meadow Vista exit (Clipper Gap Rd.) off Interstate-80 on Wednesday, and police have confirmed it was at the park and ride on Tuesday. Detectives have impounded the truck and are dusting it for fingerprints.

If you know of anyone from up that way, towards Auburn or the surrounding area, could you please pass this email on? Photos of her can be seen at the following website, http://www.bringjustinehome.com. Tips can also be submitted through the site also.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lilaznboi said:
g'luck w/ the search! hope everything works out and she is found soon.
Thanks. It's scary stuff always, but even moreso when it hits closer to home.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sorry to hear such a terrible news. By any chance does your co-worker has a photo for his cousin for easier recognition?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
al7ezza said:
Sorry to hear such a terrible news. By any chance does your co-worker has a photo for his cousin for easier recognition?
Photos are in the linked page. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sad news...

Just received this from my coworker:

"We got word this morning that they found Justine's body yesterday in a shallow grave off of Highway 80, not far from where she disappeared. We are getting more details in dribs and drabs. As you can probably imagine we're grieving right now and lying low today. I'll be in touch later on."

:cry:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that..... my condolences as well.....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody. At least the family now has some closure...and according to my coworker, it seems to be the girl's boyfriend was the killer. The story is that the girl apparently had a fling with another guy in Florida, came back with some pictures...the boyfriend found them and walked the line past sanity. The police were informed of this when the guy's roommate broke down and told them.

Still, so sad to hear about it. I can't even imagine how much pain the family must be dealing with right now. My prayers and condolences go out to them too.

-Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts