Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on zilvia a fair amount (since its super active), and they have a rare parts thread and a yahoo japan thread that is pretty cool. I am not sure if there is enough want/care to have a thread like this, but i'll at least give it a shot. Since this forum isnt super traffic heavy, i thought it would be a good idea to just combine the two as you can find a lot of cool/rare stuff on yahoo japan. Post up your cool/rare/hard to find parts and any cool stuff you come across on Yahoo Japan!

I dont have a lot of 'rare' stuff per se, but im always checking ebay and Yahoo Japan and will eventually end up buying something. I do have one of these toms horns that is more off white, which is nice because it will match my sportdesign bone/off white interior really nicely:

Cruising YJ earlier, i found a trd cage for the sxe10 chassis:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u239941507

I also found this cool toms carbon airbox for 4AG ITBs. it would look sweet on a beams swapped IS with ITBs:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u239941507
(pics attached for when the link goes dead)

Couple of things to keep in mind:
-Keep in mind that if you are planning on bidding on something from Yahoo Japan, it may be in your best interest to not post the link to the listing until it has been closed. All this will do is send traffic to your auction and potentially drive up the price. I chose to post the two links above because no one is likely going to have a cage shipped from japan and the airbox only applies to people who have ITB'd beams swapped cars (not many, if any, of those people around).

-DONT FLIP. These people are the worst. All this does is drive up prices for parts (everyone looses when this happens). This is a problem on zilvia, i think we can keep it civil here and not stoop to flipping. We are here to help each other, not stab in the back.

-If you are unaware of the middle man process look up Jesse Streeter or google 'yahoo japan middle man services' and start reading. hope you have deep pockets!

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
beams ARC oil pan (looks brand new!):
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m298128167

i also found some nice ganadors with covers (that covers the holes). i have never seen the covers. ommitted cause i know that is already going to be a crazy auction as is. there is always something cool on YJ!

Attachments

·
5,793 Posts
beams ARC oil pan (looks brand new!):
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m298128167

i also found some nice ganadors with covers (that covers the holes). i have never seen the covers. ommitted cause i know that is already going to be a crazy auction as is. there is always something cool on YJ!
I wish they were still around. I do not have the spare funs right now to get it.:frown2: It would make fabing a sheet metal version easier.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Official TRD Carbon Fiber Shifter Knob

And

Custom Made Complete Cold Air Intake

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice! im sure the carbon helps in the summer. i have to keep a rag in the cup holders for my metal knob.

do you have problems with getting your air filter too wet during the winter?

I wish they were still around. I do not have the spare funs right now to get it.:frown2: It would make fabing a sheet metal version easier.
who, ARC? i was told a month ago on zilvia they are back, but i have not seen any claims that prove this is true. i just tried to google their website and couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
todays finds:

c-one underbody braces:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b353291583
ive never heard of them, but im assuming they are some boutique japanese brand. not a lot of time left and kind of beat up, so what the hell, ill post it.

refinsished is-f brembos:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e320996004
kinda neat, look like a dark rootbeer. the interesting think about isf calipers is they are insanely expensive in japan for some reason. i am able to find better deals on ebay than what i can find on yahoo japan. its weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
nice! im sure the carbon helps in the summer. i have to keep a rag in the cup holders for my metal knob.

do you have problems with getting your air filter too wet during the winter?

who, ARC? i was told a month ago on zilvia they are back, but i have not seen any claims that prove this is true. i just tried to google their website and couldnt find anything.
My stock shifter ball was so scratched, previous owner must be wearing rings at his fingers. It doesnt get hot either compare to the metal one (now in my "Corolla of Boreness" that used to be my summer car, but went to winter beater when I Got the IS.)

For Wetness of the air Filter I've made some Lexan Deflectors so there is no possibility for water to reach directly the filter, Secondly That car will never be winter driven anymore. As my dream car I c'ant imagine destroying it in the snow and salt. Winter is perfect to accomplish some projects for the next season.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice fraction, i dont think ive ever seen that toms knob. speaking of toms, i was in white_is' build thread and saw he had an altezza specific push start. i had no idea these were made, so i tried to find one on yahoo japan (and failed). but i did see these cool toms covers for other toyotas. i believe they were for priuses. kinda funny to think of putting toms stuff on a prius.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/346813945

Attachments

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Subscribing to this so I can come back and dump some stuff.

Thank you for adding the piece about "not flipping parts". I am in full agreement on that. If you have no intention of actually using an item, let someone else bid and win it so that they can enjoy it at a nice price.

I'd much rather see people HELP each other find items they are looking for. I browse Yahoo almost daily for cool SXE10 stuff and would be more than happy to keep an eye out for items you may want.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
please. post away! the more the merrier. i am still finding stuff that i had no idea existed for our cars since ive started actively looking when i bough my car almost 3 years ago. its really neat. im not one to fuss over rare stuff, but i can make an exception for some of these parts.

the flipping thing is a huge problem on zilvia (and within the nissan community as a whole). i guess the nice thing about this forum is there isn't a lot of traffic so there's the same handful of people (for the most part). mostly what i have seen on here has been very civil; so i think we can help each other, or atleast talk/post rare stuff!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I fuss over rare stuff lol. At least some items. I would hoard more parts if I could. These are all current parts that I have in storage or on my car.

I have a full, authentic Elixir Aero body kit
LED version Ganador Super Mirrors with blue tint glass

More common now, but Altezza black housing/blue tint head lights used to be fairly rare. Same with the black Altezza 3 bar grill

Untitled by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Modellista/TRD White Tail lights
Buddy Club Spec 2 axle back
No idea what brand spoiler I have. No markings or stamps but mounts the same as TRD. It is NOT TRD or RMM or L-Tuned from what I can tell.
UGO roof spoiler is very very rare. Originals came in Carbon Fiber. I have a replica which has turned out to be almost as rare as the original lol

by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Carbing aluminum front strut bar
Carbing cooling panel
TRD oil cap
TRD high pressure rad cap. This requires a special version to fit IS300 radiators. I believe the actual Altezza version does not fit. I believe mine is Type S

Untitled by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Carbing aluminum rear strut bar

DSC_3532_zps43d0b2bb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

OEM Toyota Push Button start. This is plug and play

push3_zpsaaf515d8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3003_zpscb0c7387 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Another item that isn't as rare as it used to be, but still one of my favorites.
Altezza Digital Gauge Cluster. I have everything function, RPM's are corrected, and speed displays MPH

DSC_2170_zps865876e0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Often overlooked, but still cool in my eyes.
OEM All Weather floor mats. Bought these back in 2008-2009 from the dealer.

100_0419 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0420 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Rect Carbon Fiber quarter window covers
This is the rarest piece I own. I've seen 2 other sets for sale in about 8-9 years. There are now some reps that have popped up, but the authentic sets are Carbon fiber. I basically store these in my closet lol

DSC_4095 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3095 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Another non-JDM part is the Karl Sport Short Shifter

DSC_4130 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD yellow sway bars are getting more rare now, I have them as well.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
These are items that I have had in the past, but sold.

Modellista Qualitat clear rear trunk lights. My pair was not in very good condition. Imagine they were crystal clear lol

DSC_4646_zps71a7160e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wald front and rear fender flares

DSC_0790_zpsc65bfce2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Vertex bonnet (hood) spoiler is an over looked piece. Kind of wish I would have kept it but oh well. I don't have any better pictures of it lol I've only seen it on the vertex demo car and another car on instagram

DSC_0789_zps699d2277 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Becoming easier to obtain now, but I was running a complete Modellista Qualitat body kit. This is an OEM option kit. I had to piece together the fog lights and Qualitat badge to complete it

DSC_6624 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6599 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Carbing front underbrace. Had this but it hung too low for me to feel comfortable with :( I'm a big fan of Carbing parts, I also run their shift knob (but wish it was much heavier)

IMG_0335 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Items I know of that are rare

TRD SXE10 bolt in cage - there is one for sale on Yahoo
Carbing SXE10 bolt in cage

TRD Modified rear subframe - from what I remember, the diff mounting location was reinforced, the toe link mounting location was modified and reinforced, and I believe the subframe bushings were stiffer as well as the diff bushings. Not a lot of info on them, but there was a post about it here years ago. One popped up for sale on yahoo a while back and I believe it sold for a ridiculous amount. Like $2000.

http://www.trdparts.jp/factory_alt-member.html

TRD Rear Subframe by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD Rear Subframe 4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD Rear Subframe 3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD Rear Subframe 2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD Monoblock Brake Kit

https://www.my.is/forums/f89/ultimate-jdm-oem-big-brake-kit-395894/

Modellista Evoluer anything is rare. Full interior, body kit, lights.

Full Evoluer Sedan for sale in Japan

https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/15/700020744430180429001.html

Two different Modellista head lights

Modellista Head Lights by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Modellista Head Lights 3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Modellista Head Lights 2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD/OEM/Netz/Modellista matched tail lights in white, black, silver, titanium (silver tail lights below, white are on my car in previous posts)

Silver Modellista Tail Lights by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Titanium Tail Lights by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Most of the OEM options were pretty well known. Other than minor stuff like a foot well lighting kit, non-smokers box, TRD suspension components.

TRD made a carbon fiber and fiberglass hood and trunk. Hood was just OEM style. Trunk I believe came in two versions, one with the trunk lights and one without.

C One made a carbon fiber trunk with a build in duck bill. Was very subtle.

Finding pictures of all this stuff is difficult now days, but now that this thread is here I may try to find pictures and update when I can lol. There was another thread similar years ago as well. I'll try to find that and add it here

Another thread started by King Chado.

https://www.my.is/forums/f90/jdm-parts-you-may-may-not-have-heard-more-342246/

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Also just a heads up with using Yahoo, be careful to look at pictures as close as you can and translate the description, title, and anything you can. Items can be misleading.

This listing for tail lights are NOT factory modified. These have be cut open and resealed by someone else. That may be fine for someone, but if you are looking for OEM white tail lights, these are NOT them.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b355989516

Same with these black lights. They have been cut open and resealed.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l486212268

Again, nothing really wrong with going with these if you want modified lights. Just don't want someone to think they are OEM in the since that they haven't been modified.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.