Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i just installed my Blitz nur spec and i have a few concerns.

1. When i opened the box the manual said it was the nur spec for the SXE! That worried me a little since i was told that this exhaust came from a North America distributer and was for the JCE. But i figured oh well, maybe they just always throw in the same manual... i'll put it on and see if it's too short or not.

2. After putting it on i noticed that where it is bolted on there is now a gap big enough to put my finger in and i can see the white thing (not sure what it's called) at the end pipe. I could have swarn that the stock exhaust was flush at this section and the white thing was not visible. I started the car to see if i could feel air escaping from the gap, but i can't feel any.

3. Also from the rear of the car the exhaust barely extends past the bumper. For other blitz owners, if you look down on the exhaust how much does it stick out past the cut out? Mine sticks out maybe a quarter of an inch, and if i stand over my bumper i can't see it at all.

I could just be paranoid over this stuff, but i wanted to get some feedback from you guys to see if i should take it off. I would REALLY like to hear from fellow blitz owners and see if they have the same issues.

thanx guys.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
As far as the bolt up between the mid pipe and the Blitz, I don't know since I had someone else install it....as for the tip past the bumper its like yours (which is what I personally wanted). The pics you've seen where it seems to stick out more is prolly the angle of the shot. Does your hang at a slight angle? Mine does but not too noticeable to most.

I'll take a look 2nite or tomorrow at the bolt up section you are referring to but I think you are fine as long as you tighted the bolts to their max and no air is escaping. Go out and drive and see if you feel any gains. Oh and you'll smell the exhaust burning off for the first 30 miles or so.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies... yeah the length of the exhaust isn't a big deal, i think you guys are right, and it looks good up on the bumper like that... i just don't want to screw it up :eek: .

I would really appreciate it if one of the blitz owners could take a look under their car and see if the exhaust bolts on flush with the pipe. I got the bolts on as tight as they will go and as far as i can tell no air is escaping.

As for the sound and look of the exhaust... i REALLY like it. It adds a nice clean, low, deep sound, which is just what i wanted. As long as the gap is normal then i would consider myself a very happy customer :D

i wish i had a digital cam to post a pic of what i'm talking about... maybe tommorrow i will try to borrow a friends and post a pic.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Joe Z said:
Here is a few pics of my friends Blitz installed....

For more pictures read up on this thread.....

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13323463

Joe Z :chill:
That's my car!! :D

Ev, take pictures so i could take a look at it tomorrow. The j spec exhaust is much shorter than the bumper thus causing damage and reqires extending. The american spec is pretty much flush with the bumper. What's interesting is that when the exhaust is cold, the tip is flush with the bumper, but when it's hot it sticks out slightly.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, I was a little concerned about getting the right version too. The instructions were in Japanese and it also made no mention of the IS300 or JCE (all it said was Altezza (SXE)). Lastly (biggest concern), the part number was MT4070. The part number on the Blitz NA site says MT4010. But, it was shipped from Blitz NA so I'm sure it's the right one. Anyway...STILL need to put it on thanks to my ever extending honey-do list! :lol:

·
Registered
699 Posts
hoss said:
Yeah, I was a little concerned about getting the right version too. The instructions were in Japanese and it also made no mention of the IS300 or JCE (all it said was Altezza (SXE)). Lastly (biggest concern), the part number was MT4070. The part number on the Blitz NA site says MT4010. But, it was shipped from Blitz NA so I'm sure it's the right one. Anyway...STILL need to put it on thanks to my ever extending honey-do list! :lol:
Hoss,
Here's a pic of the box :chill:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, it must be the us version if the jspec is shorter than the bumper. Right now it sits just past the cutout and i don't think it should hurt anything :wink: . I just wish blitz would ship out a JCE manual with the NA version so we don't have this kind of doubt :wink:

My only concern now is the gap between the exhaust and the b-pipe (i think that is what it is called :-? ) . I will take a pic today with my friends cam and post it up. Hopefully someone else with the blitz can take a peek under their car to see if they have a gap too. It might very well be normal, i just want to make sure.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hoss,
Here's a pic of the box :chill:

Hey Rich,

Yeah, no worries man. I know it's right. The part number just tripped me out since the manual said MT4070. Anyway, again, no worries. :chill:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
that gap is fine. as long as there is no exhaust leak. That joint it is like a ball joint. Notice you have springs on those 2 bolts. This joint will give the exhaust a bit of play. it will flex slightly.

for all it is worth my Apex N1 cat back has a slight gap between the flange too. The ball joint is sealed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
YellowIS5spd
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing