Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Is 300 auto trans with 89000 on it and runs great.. But I need to know if these things are normal, first off my car seems to be dragging its ass on the ground when driving for example if im doing 40mph and let off the gas the car seems to slowly reduce speed with out touching the brakes... I replaced all the brakes calipers and hoses to make sure they werent hanging up.. I get about 270-280 miles per tank which from what I read is normal.. Also the car shifts really fast but smooth. It will shift to second gear at about 10-15 mph, thirdly what Rpm range should I be at around 80-90 mph typically on the highway at those speeds im seeing between 3000-3500 when in cruise control is that normal? I hope it is :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Normal. I get 350 miles consistently on 15 gallons(saying a tank is not precise enough), but I have a manual, synthetic oils in diff, tranny, and motor and an SRT intake. I also drive like an undertaker. I have a manual and sit around 3050 rpm at 70mph.

It seems your car is acting normally for an automatic IS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.