Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i pulled into one of the touchless car washes as i usually do to rinse off the car, and as i pulled up to stop there was a horrible sound no one likes to hear, the bodykit scraping. i was hoping that it would just be underneath so after the car wash was done i pulled out carefully but nothing happened so i parked and got out and yep, def ripped the hell out of the drivers side of my front bumper :cry: :pissed: . i'm not sure if it can even be repaired (i'll try to have some pics up tomorrow) but it looks horrible so it may be time for a change. i'm not to familiar with bondo so i'll have to wait till i go home over thanksgiving to go to the shop and see if they can even do anything about it. the roads up here at school are terrible anyways so i think it may be time for somethin new. i was hoping you guys can lend you opinions on your favorite kits on a black oynx is. i know i've seen em all too but some kits just look good on certain colors and black is one of those colors wheres it can be hard to notice details of kits. i like the l-sportline but i have a pretty wide rear rim and i dont like how it curves in on the rear bumper, i liked how my c-west lined up perfect with the wheels, so please feel free to post some pics of your kits or your favorite. any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
here are some pics of the car with the c-west on:

:cry: :cry:

So here are the pics, i took em in a hurry but here they are.... :cry:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ exactly what i'm thinking, i really like the kaminari front lip and its urethane too! i'm thinking kaminari front, l-sportline sides, but cant find a good back :-?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
lexpression said:
^^ exactly what i'm thinking, i really like the kaminari front lip and its urethane too! i'm thinking kaminari front, l-sportline sides, but cant find a good back :-?
keep the c-west rear...if you like it and it's not damaged...why not?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ it has some slight damage too (hit and run), nothing noticable but of course since its my car i notice it everytime i see it.........

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just get the Kaminari rear, or just get the whole Kaminari kit.

Here's my Kaminari rear with RMM front and sides.

Note, I don't have that trunk spoiler anymore. I have the same one you have, just haven't taken anymore pics.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ that is very nice man, your car is beautiful!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks bro, I got the same wheels as you. Actually my front wheels came in but my rear wheels don't come in until the 17th of this month. I like the way you powder coated your wheels :p Mine are Mercury Silver :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fsusucks- thanks man, nice choice of wheels too!

rllinghardis300- hopefully that will be solved this summer! :p

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
To be honest Sean, I love how the C-West looks on your car... It would be a shame to go with something else. But I understand what you're saying tho...

The Kaminari idea is not bad...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
phillzpeed- thanks man, i love it too, i wouldnt mind something new but i do love the way it looks with the c-west. when i go home i'm going to see how much it would cost to have it fixed (if possible) then compare that to the price of a new kit plus paint. it might come down to the cost, plus its so damn hard to track down a c-west kit haha, but thanks man! the fiberglass is gettin on my nerves too, wouldnt mind have a urethane kit.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
i got an idea kaminari front,l-sportline and kaminari rear :D or l-tuned sides

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lexlugor- i was thinking about that too, i'm just not a huge fan of the kaminari rear. a tad too bubbly for me.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
DO NOT GET RID OF THAT KIT, like me and aldo agreed your IS was the nicest/cleanist lookin IS at nopi.

And if you do get a kit it better be a turbo kit :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I feel ya man, i can still hear that horrible scraping sound in my head from my mishap. Did you get a quote on how much it would be to just fix the damage rather than getting a new kit? I'm sure it would be much cheaper than getting a whole new diff front.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I have a body shop that would fix that for maybe $200-$300 If you are interested, pm me and I can give you the info.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
DO NOT GET RID OF THAT KIT, like me and aldo agreed your IS was the nicest/cleanist lookin IS at nopi.

And if you do get a kit it better be a turbo kit :D
Lexpression:
Sorry about the mishap, that sucks...BUT:

PLEASE don't get rid of that kit. I see what you're saying, but your car just looks beautiful like it is. 8)
I remember reading a post a few days back about a guy who made these skid plate things for his GS & how he's working on a set for the IS...
Anyways, my point - if you can fix it, go for it. Maybe call Wxman's guy.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys, i am still considering keeping the kit. i guess it all depends on how much its going to be to fix it. but thanks guys. its either keep this kit or maybe just replace the front bumper witht he stock bumper and the greddy/trust front clip. decisions decisions......

IS3FINALLYmd- hopefully this summer man, and thanks!

Wxman- you have a pm

bk9- thanks man, i will def give wxmans guy a call

1 - 20 of 20 Posts