Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure if it's the standard around here, but I thought I'd just do a quick intro thread. As of right now I'll just be searching around here a bit trying to gather a little bit more information. I'm considering making the switch to an IS300 from my 05 Neon SRT-4. While the IS is no where near as quick as my Neon from the factory, or to be honest probably doesn't handle as well as my current car does I'm considering making the jump. I'm looking at getting into a different project and basically starting over. You'll learn that suspension is my biggest key factor with any car. I currently auto-x my SRT4 in SM with the Philly and Susquehanna Region SCCA's. I've also ran a few events with Central PA and the DC Area Regions. So with that said suspension will be the first thing addressed and then power will follow after a bit. Anyways heres a pic of the car in action along with how it sits now getting ready to either trade it in or sell it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Once you get boost... you'll get back the feeling of power you've gotten used to.

I've never driven an SRT-4... let alone a modded one... so I have no idea how they compare handling-wise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome. Stock for stock the IS300 is more nimble in the corners then the SRT-4. However going from the KW varient 2's in the SRT to any car on stock suspension will be a rough adjustment @ first. My car was set up to compete competativly in Street Mod and did quite well to be honest. I have no doubt though that with an IS300 properly setup it will be able to compete as well if not better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts