Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this part (# 87212-53010) for my '01 is300 does exactly? I'm trying to determine if the water I found under my front passengers carpet is just residual water from a prior leak that I failed to adequately clean up or if there's another leak somewhere as there was a lot of water.
I understand that its a duct for the heater but any chance that it could be the possible cause of a leak?
I doubt it's coming from the sunroof, windshield, or door/window.
I don't also think the AC condenser drain is leaking as I've tried unclogging it already and I don't use the AC much but I'll try using the air conditioning again and look out for any leaks from the drain to be sure.
Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can anyone tell me what this part (# 87212-53010) for my '01 is300 does exactly? I'm trying to determine if the water I found under my front passengers carpet is just residual water from a prior leak that I failed to adequately clean up or if there's another leak somewhere as there was a lot of water.
I understand that its a duct for the heater but any chance that it could be the possible cause of a leak?
I doubt it's coming from the sunroof, windshield, or door/window.
I don't also think the AC condenser drain is leaking as I've tried unclogging it already and I don't use the AC much but I'll try using the air conditioning again and look out for any leaks from the drain to be sure.
Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Water is coming from somewhere upper, Usually sunroof are the first thing to look, it could be the channels that evacuate the water that can be clogged, water snips trough and follows A-B-C pillar to reach the bottom of the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts