Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to jack up the whole car using the small jack in the trunk with 4 standalone jackstand?
If okay, what should be the procedure to be safe?? ...
thanks

ps: I want to jack up the whole car and remove the wheels for painting the caliper...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone can help ?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
buy a 2 ton jack.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Uh...it's possible...go one corner at a time...but why not just spend 30 or 40 bucks on a 2 ton jack. Much faster and safer.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
yup, its possible, but you will be much safer and time saving if u get another jacks from pepboy or autozone

·
Registered
831 Posts
the jack from my lincoln navigator works pretty well I'm going to jack up the back of the car and mix half the G2 paint. Then after that drys I'm going to use 2 jacks to jack up the front and paint the rest.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
If you put the jack under the unibody jacking point, then how are you going to get the jackstand under the same point? Get a hydraulic and jack up the whole front or rear all at one time. The points to place that jack are shown in a diagram in the owners manual.

·
Registered
831 Posts
could somebody post a link to good hydraulic jack that's not super expensive?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought the jack from autozone .. like 30 bucks, those 2 tons jack..
is actually pretty cheap..

·
Registered
831 Posts
where in the front and back is it safe to use the floor jack to lift both wheels?

·
Registered
427 Posts
RE: Title of thread- No, you have to take it out of the trunk... :wink:

·
Registered
831 Posts
how the hell do you get a hydrolic jack to that front/rear jack point? I could BARELY do it I had to get on the side of the tire to pump it up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Come on why is he going to waste $40 on a jack when he'll probably never have to use it again. Here's what you do, get a large 2x4 with the jack that is in the trunk underneath the car. This way you have the jack in the center with the piece of wood lifting both sides. Let me know how everything goes.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well I got my rear calipers painted but boy was it a pain in the ass to get that jack to the rear point. Gonna paint the front ones later this week if it stops raining :pissed:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts